Friday 3 August 2018

Review: JA Huss's "Total Exposure (Jordan's Game # 1)."

Amazon.com:    https://amzn.to/2O6RexD
Amazon UK:     https://amzn.to/2vdrwAp

Synopsis:

The spotlight is my enemy.
The cameras are my cure.

Jordan Wells says he can help me. Heal my soul and fix my fear so I can perform on stage again to a sold-out crowd. His game gives me a reason to go on, but his price is total exposure.

The stranger watching my every move is anonymous.
Or is he?
The daily notes he leaves seem familiar. His unreasonable requests bring out all my hidden fears. And then one night in the dark… his touch is everything I ever wanted.

It was supposed to be a guaranteed win.
A way to move past the performance anxiety.
One less thing to worry about in a sea of dreadful things to worry about.

But what we do in the secret anonymity of night might be more frightening than anything else.

Because I like it. And I want more of it. And I’m willing to give up everything just so I can play this game forever…

Review: Surj


Why oh why did I question JA Huss's ability to give me an original story line when it came to this new  series? Seriously it has taken me six months to read this first book "Total Exposure" and I could kick myself for leaving it so long, I really could. I loved "The Turning series" so much. I fell in love with the characters and their journeys and for me, each of those stories was complete, tied up with a nice, neat, naughty bow!!! I think in the back of my mind, I just wondered where this author could possibly go with a spin off set of books? Was there more for the Turning club? I didn't think so. I didn't want there to be but what other direction could she possibly take Jordan's series? After all, he was such an active member of that larger circle. Well, let me tell you, I have given myself the mother of all slaps on the wrist for doubting JA Huss because this book was just brilliant and is up there with my top 3 favourites by this author!!!! 

It's a dangerous game I'm playing. There are a lot of things at stake. 
But I just don't seem to care. 

"Total Exposure" was not what I was expecting at all and I was really caught off guard by this change in direction for this author. The plot really was something else and I was completely and utterly spell bound from the start. I was hooked I tell you. Absolutely hooked by the originality of this book and the characters!!!! This was a remarkable story that had me completely and utterly gripped. It wasn’t the sex, it wasn’t the anticipation of sex (ok thats a lie because of course I never get tired of this authors ability to write seriously hot sex scenes!!!). But it was this crazy, unusual journey the main characters were on that had me entranced. Wow. 10/10 for ingenuity that’s for sure!!! 

....we're in this together. Fully invested in the watched-watcher dynamic. 
Fully committed to whatever this is. Sick fantasy or inevitable solution,
it doesn't matter because it's ours. 

I fell in love with bad boy Ix and vulnerable, lonely, frightened Evangeline. These two appeared to be so different in character but actually, peel back the layers and they were more alike than I thought. Both had been hurt in years gone by and that hurt had ensured that they were stuck in the past, unable to move on with their lives. I loved the game that the pair played. I was addicted to what was going to happen next. What I did know was that some revelation at some point would come and turn everything on its head (which of course is classic JA Huss) and when it did, all of my predictions went straight out of the window. The plot thickened even more and my heart rate went crazy. 

That's all I'm going to say. Actually no. I need to mention the stunning writing. I love this authors words but in this book, it was like she shifted up another gear (don't ask me how because like I said, her writing is already phenomenal) but she did and each and every word really hit me hard, affecting me deeply and ensuring I lived and breathed this story like a fly on the wall, like a voyeur!!!! So yeah, READ THIS BOOK!!!! READ THIS FUCKING book!!!! I swore I wasn't going to spend money on books this month. That was a lie. I just one clicked the rest of the series!!! OOPS!!!

"Total Exposure" gets 5 massive, humungous 5 ❤️'s 

No comments:

Post a Comment