Monday 6 August 2018

Review: Raine Miller's "Filthy Lies (Blackstone Dynasty #2)."


Synopsis: 

On the day I turned fifteen years old I knew I loved James Blakney. There was a look in his eye that told me he’d finally noticed I existed in a realm beyond best-friend’s-much-younger-off-limits-don’t-even-think-about-it-little-sister. Call it womanly intuition, despite the fact I was barely qualified for being an actual woman at just fifteen—and only in the biological sense—but still, I knew I loved him.

What I never expected from him was a proposal of marriage nearly eight years later. I know it's not supposed to be a real marriage, but James is certainly making it feel that way. 

He's also hiding something from me.

But I've hidden the truth from him as well.

Lies.

So many filthy lies. 

~Winter Blackstone

Review: Jo

I absolutely loved Raine Miller's "Filthy Rich", so I have been eagerly awaiting this book as soon as it was announced. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the story of James and Winter Blackstone. It's needless to say that I began reading as soon as it hit my kindle. 

"I've wanted you for a long time. This is my fantasy moment." 

The main thing that I enjoyed about this friends-to-lovers romance, was that the characters were so easy to like and therefore to root for. Winter was the selfless heroine of the story. A girl with an enormous heart and who loved to take care of people, especially those that were in need. It was plain to see that Winter deserved a good man to care for her in the way in which she cared for everyone else. And gorgeous James, was the perfect guy for her and it just so happened that he was secretly hopelessly in love with Winter. From then on, the story that played out was one that was filled with the best combination of heat and heart. A novel that I swooned over and also had me switching my electric fan on to help stay cool. Raine Miller sure is good at writing smokin' hot sex scenes. 

"In his bed, in his house that he kept from everyone...
James was making up for all of the years we'd both had to wait to get here." 

If you love dreamy romance and the childhood friends turned to lovers type of story, this one could be for you. 

"I would carry you until my arms fell off." 

"Filthy Lies' gets 3.5 ❤️'s from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment