Monday 17 July 2017

Series Review: J A Huss's "Dirty, Dark and Deadly Series."

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/2u1qk3P
Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/2u6fR6Y

Synopsis: Series Review:

My name is James Fenici and you will never see me coming. I walk the shadows like darkness itself. I hide in the corners where nobody looks. I live by no rules, I have no boundaries, I take no prisoners, and I never, ever blink. I am not your knight in shining armor; I'm your worst nightmare. 

My name is James Fenici and you are my target. Only one of us is getting out alive, and that's not gonna be you. Once your name is on my list, your life is over. It's a deal I make with death, it's a contract I sign in blood, it's forgone conclusion--get used to it. 

My name is James Fenici and I'm as dirty as they come. But then one day I saw her. And every monster I thought I was. Every fact I thought I knew. Every dirty promise I ever turned down came back to slap me in the face. 

My name is James Fenici and I think I am in love.

Review: Surj

Well what can I say other than this was 100% signature J A Huss. Honestly, all three books in the "Dirty, Dark & Deadly" series were such a whirlwind of mind fuckery and craziness, I didn't know if I was coming or going half the time but it was brilliant because I was kept on my toes from the first page to the last, gripped by the plot that unfolded before my very eyes. You know that saying "it does what it says on the tin?" Well that can definitely be said about this series. These books were pure and utter filth, they were pretty dark at times and yes, they were oh so very deadly. It was like reading a combination of The Bourne series and La Femme Nikita. Pure brilliance with an element of romance, some very hot sex thrown in for good measure and of course a few taboo topics just to spice things up.

“You’re the perfect combination of hard and soft. 
Killer and lover. Sweet and deadly.”

I absolutely loved the theme of assassins and the "company." it was just genius. There were so many plot twists and curve balls and I just couldn't work out these characters to save my life. Who was lying and who was telling the truth? I wanted to believe all of the leading characters because I really did take a shine to each of them but very quickly it became obvious that they all had secrets they were hiding. I desperately tried to work out whether these were for the greater good. I tried in vain to guess possible double crossings and motives for each character but it was a hopeless task. When the characters were ready, I guess they would share. Despite all of this, I rooted for each of them as individuals, as killers, as a team and as a family (of sorts). Sounds crazy right? Well everything about this series was CRAZY!!! 

If death is a deal, then love is a promise.

We first met Sasha in Ford's book and it was brilliant seeing her take on more of a leading role. This girl was something else and I rooted for the child she was but the adult she had been forced to become. The company really did have a lot to answer for. 

James Finicci again was a character we met in Ford's book. We were only introduced to him briefly but boy have I loved getting to know this alpha assassin better. And Harper, this girl was seriously kick ass. In one breath she was still a young woman at eighteen discovering herself and her sexuality but in another breath, she too had been forced to grow up way to quickly, again courtesy of the company. 

He kisses me like he’s the wind. Like he’s the sea. Like he’s the desert. 
He kisses me and he tastes like freedom.

This series was full of heroes and heroines, victims and villains and of course so much action and drama, I could see a film/ tv series being made out of the books. 

What a phenomenal, fantastic, gripping, thrilling, violent, tension filled, completely addictive cluster fuck of a series that ended with such a perfect epilogue. There were so many familiar faces that came out to say hi. Wow, just wow. The whole series gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

We are nothing but a clusterfuck of double and triple crossings tonight.

1 comment: