Friday 29 July 2016

Review: Bella Jewel's "Fleeting Moments."


Synopsis:

One single moment changes everything
In one breath, you can have it all
A split-second later, it can all disappear
Vanished forever

That was me
I had it all
Then in a cruel twist of fate, it was taken from me
A beautiful life gone in a flash

But he was there
He was there to pick me up when I fell
To protect me
My savior. My rock.

He was just a stranger
Just a selfless stranger with a face I'll never forget
Can't forget
Won't forget 

And like everything else, he just disappeared
As if he never existed
I have to find him
I need to find him
He has to know that he saved me 

He has to know that in that one fleeting moment, he was all I could see.

Review: Surj 

When Bella Jewel announced to her fans that she was working on a super secret project, my curiosity hit an all time high. We were given nothing about this story for a long time and even when the cover and synopsis were revealed, I was none the wiser. If anything, I was even more intrigued. The cover was beautiful and as for the synopsis, so many questions rolled around in my mind and I knew I just had to meet these characters and know their story. 

"Are you still breathing, Lucy girl?"
Am I still breathing? 
"Can you breathe when you're drowning?"

Now having not long finished "Fleeting Moments," I completely get why this book was shrouded in so much secrecy. Even as I turned the pages, the mystery and suspense had me hooked. I can't reveal too much about the plot or the subjects covered but to say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. From the minute Lucy met her stranger, I was suddenly hit with a compulsion to read on. That one moment they pair shared was so intense, so powerful, so.... it's hard to describe but from that moment, despite the situation, despite everything else, I really hoped that somehow, someway, the two would find a way to explore the bond that had formed. 

He makes me feel okay again. Like the strongest drug,
like the most beautiful lie. 

From the moment I met Hunter, I was drawn to his character. He really was an enigma but there was just something about him, the way he was, the way he behaved that had my hormones going gaga.   I loved his hot, alpha ways. I loved his protective nature but more so, I loved that there was this tender, vulnerable side to him that I caught glimpses of every now and again. Every time he made an appearance, I tried to work out his story, what his deal was because whatever it was, My gut told me it was BIG!!! 

Now, Lucy, where do I start with her? To begin with, I really liked her character. I sympathised and empathised with all she had been through and completely understood her frustrations at those around her. However, my views did suddenly change. Firstly, there were certain situations she really could have handled differently. She didn't make things easy for herself, which brings me on to my second point. You know that friend who just can't keep her mouth shut and in your head, you're just screaming "just shut up, just SHUT UP!!!," Well that was me. That girl just could not keep quiet about certain things despite everything she had been told and everything she knew. It was like she was making things worse to prove a point. It was like she had verbal diarrhoea!!! Lord did she drive me bat shit crazy in the end  and despite attempting to redeem herself, in my eyes it was a little too late. 

"Don't leave me again, moment. "
"Moment?", he whispers, at least, I think he does. 
"A fleeting moment. You go as fast as you came. 
Just a moment I can't hang on to. Please let me hang on."

Warm lips graze my forehead and them my world goes dark. 

This was a pretty short story but I wish it had been longer. I wanted more from so many parts of the story. I wanted more of the secrecy between Hunter and Lucy. I wanted more of that push and pull that drew me in at the start. I wanted so much more made of Hunter's story which (IMO) came to an end far too quickly. I really feel that he deserved a voice in "Fleeting Moments." He needed his own POV. That would have been the icing on the cake for me. 

"I think life has a path for all of us, and I think he put Heath in one for a reason."

So all in all, I really enjoyed "Fleeting Moments" which was so different to what we are used to reading from this author and I rated it ❤️❤️❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment