Wednesday 20 April 2016

Review: K Webster's "This is Love, Baby (War & Peace #2)."

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/26epkVd
Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1TiozTP

Synopsis:

My War was over and I had lost. My captor reminded me I was nothing more than his pawn. 
His strategy never changed…it was always me. 

But what he didn’t know was that LOVE always wins. 

In my War, I’d found not only peace 
but LOVE as well. 

I’d been through a battlefield with my War and LOVE was what brought us to the other side. 
Our LOVE was beautiful and pure. Undying. 

My captor thinks he has won this war. That I will LOVE him. 
What he doesn’t know is this time, I’m the one with a strategy. I’m always thinking several moves ahead of him, my War taught me that. 

I will outsmart him and find peace again. 
This is a war I will win. 
My LOVE will conquer all. 

Warning: 
This is Love, Baby is a dark romance. Strong sexual themes and violence which could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. Terrible, terrible things happen to our poor heroine, so you’ve been properly warned. This story is NOT for everyone.

Review: Surj

The first book in this "War & Peace" series was one that was a little marmite for me. There were bits that I absolutely loved and then there were the bits that just didn't sit well with me at all. Despite this though, there was no denying that with the cliffy that presented itself to me at the end of book one, I couldn't just leave the story there. I needed the next book. I needed to know how Baylee's story would end and who would get the girl... if anyone at all. 

"This is Love" was a pretty quick, fast paced, action packed read that I read in an afternoon. It was entertaining that's for sure and definitely kept me on my toes. With new players coming into force,  multiple POV and of course the crazy twists and turns, this really was anyone's game. Who was friend? Who was foe? Who was telling the truth and who was bending it for their own gains? Add to that the lies, deceit and betrayal and I've got to say, this was a pretty addictive read. 

I loved the growth in Baylee's character. She really did go from a pretty innocent 17 year old to quite the fighter who would not let anyone control her again. And War... what happened to the quirky man that had stolen my heart in book one? I needed him back and felt a little lost, not knowing his outcome. 

This book really did answer all of the questions that had swarmed my mind in book one which was great but it was the epilogue that left me gobsmacked. The right guy got the girl (of course) but K Webster couldn't just leave it there could she. That little twist right at the end and I'm like "OMG!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!" Will there be another book? Who knows? Would I read it? Uh yeah!!!!

I rated the conclusion to Baylee's story ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 


No comments:

Post a Comment