Thursday 21 April 2016

Review: Jeanette Grey's "Eight Ways to Ecstasy (Art of Passion #2)."

Amazon.com: amzn.to/25Ixu7T

Synopsis

Kate Reid's whirlwind romance with billionaire playboy Rylan Bellamy complicated her life in ways she'd worked to avoid. She'd fallen hard for his flirtatious charm and given him the one thing no other man had: her trust. Just as Kate began to imagine a future with Rylan, everything fell apart.

Now she's starting over in New York...but even the glittering streets of Manhattan can't erase the memory of Rylan knocking her off her feet and sweeping her into the most erotic, unforgettable week of her life.

It's been months, and Rylan still can't forget Kate. Months since he bared his soul at her feet. Months since he drove away the only woman to ever make him feel. Kate changed his world and now Rylan is determined to win her back-no matter what it takes. After crossing an ocean to reach her, he makes a deal with Kate: One more week, for one more chance. Now it's up to Rylan to show Kate all the ways they fit together . . . and prove that this player has met his perfect match. 

Review: Jo

I loved the first book in this series, however sadly I didn't quite feel the same affection for "Eight Ways to Ecstasy." This concluding part of Kate and Rylan's story had me yearning for Paris, I missed the beauty and the romance that had gone hand in hand with book one.. Unfortunately, this time around, It all felt a little a flat, as though some of the magic of the story had been lost on the journey between Paris and New York. It was all a little disappointing. 

In the first book, I really enjoyed Kate and Rylan's relationship and I was so excited to see what the continuing story would bring for the pair, however I was so sad to find that things didn't work out in the way that I had hoped. The conclusion to Kate and Rylan's story was a huge reality shock as the couple attempted to give their relationship a second chance following their deeply romantic love affair in France. Rylan was more than prepared to go the extra mile to earn back Kate's trust and win her heart. He would have done anything for her, wearing his heart on his sleeve and making his intentions known. He wanted Kate to be his forever girl, but sadly Kate was choosing to protect her heart and making it almost impossible for Rylan to do anything right. I felt so sorry for Rylan and I became more and more frustrated with Kate as the story progressed. My feelings towards her changed a lot throughout this book. 

I am happy to report that there was, at least some beautiful and tender moments during the story that melted my heart and there was also some insanely hot parts too. I especially loved a scene that involved an art gallery and a sports car. That might just be one of my most favourite parts, it's definitely a memorable one! Lol. The sweet and romantic scenes between Kate and Rylan reminded me of how good they were for each other and that small glimmer of hope kept me turning the pages. All I wanted, above everything else, was for Kate to let Rylan into her heart and as I reached the final pages, I realised that even though Kate and Rylan's journey had been a little bit bumpy and a little bit disheartening it had been worth sticking around for, because the end was a gorgeous one. I was left with a big smile on my face and a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. A happy ever after made it all worth while. 

"Eight Ways to Ecstasy" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment