Friday 12 February 2016

Review: Laurelin McGee's "Love Struck (Miss Match #2)."


Synopsis

SHE'S GETTING INTO THE GROOVE 

Lacy Dawson is a young singer-songwriter with a record deal, a studio gig, and a serious case of writer's block. After looking for love songs in all the wrong places, she finds inspiration at an online support group called Song Writers Anonymous. Thanks to one mysterious member who motivates her and inspires her, Lacy's career is back on track. But is she ready to meet her sexy musical muse...face to face?

HE MAKES HER HEART SKIP A BEAT
Eli is definitely interested in hooking up with Lacy, aka "LoveCoda." But between writing her new album and his band's success, they can't find the time to face the music-or each other-about their burgeoning online romance. All that changes when Eli and Lucy get booked on tour together. In person, the attraction is all too real and explosive. They both should walk away, but once they are in each other's arms, there is no turning back...

Review-Jo 

This story has evoked so many different feelings for me, from swooning over the romantic scenes to being driven crazy by some of the characters actions. "Love Struck" started off brilliantly. I was immediately entertained by the story and I loved Lacy and Eli. I had a big fat smile on my face after reading Lacy and Eli's beginning. I adored the pair's flirty dialogue and I was excited to discover what their future would hold. I thought that I had pretty much predicted how the book would play out. However I soon realised that I had guessed wrong and things didn't go as well as I had first anticipated between this couple. To say that I was gutted with the change in direction would have been an understatement. 

For the majority of the story, the range of emotions that had been stirred were mainly negative. Anger, frustration and impatience all played a part in my journey through this book. I was disappointed with the direction in Lacy's character and saddened by some of the choices she made. I found some of her behaviour to be quite hurtful and it shocked me how Lacy could change my opinion of her so quickly. I was also surprised when I learnt Lacy and Eli's age. I had expected them to be a lot younger, especially Lacy. Thank goodness Eli was a hell of lot more endearing. He was the only character that I enjoyed throughout. Eli was a kind, caring and loving guy and I thought that Lacy was nuts to act the way that she did towards him. 

So, by the time I had reached the end of this novel, I was feeling extremely disheartened by what I had read. I so wanted to fall in love with this story but because of my disappointment, I ended up losing interest in Lacy and Eli. My initial excitement had popped and even a HEA could not bring me any joy. I was truly upset that this one wasn't for me as I loved the previous book in the series and I have loved every single book from Laurelin Paige. I know that some people have loved Lacy and Eli's story but unfortunately it wasn't a book for me. 

"Love Struck" gets 3 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment