Thursday 7 January 2016

Audiobook Review: Samantha Young's "On Dublin Street"

Audible UK:   http://adbl.co/1PFCu5s
Audible.com:  http://adbl.co/1SNqajB

Synopsis:

Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare...

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well - until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion.

The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her... down to the very soul.

Incredibly passionate and downright romantic, On Dublin Street is a captivating and bittersweet story of the redemptive power of love.

Review-Jo 

It's been such a long time since I read "On Dublin Street" but it has always remained one of my favourites, therefore it was a book that I was eager to listen to on audible. I loved listening to Braden and Jocelyn's story. I soon became lost in their world and I listened with every opportunity I had. Paula Costello did a great job as the storyteller, transferring from Scottish to American accents and from a male to female voice with ease. I thought that she portrayed the characters perfectly, especially Jocelyn. Her feisty personality came across so well. 

"On Dublin Street" is a beautiful love story that I could revisit again and again. The characters were brilliant and so easy to like. On the outside Jocelyn was a strong, independent woman but deep down she was living with such sadness, choosing to brush all of her issues under the carpet and avoiding any emotional attachments. That was until sexy Braden Carmichael comes along and turned her world upside down. 

Listening to this story on audible reminded me of why I have always loved this story so much and, of course I fell in love with Braden all over again. That man is gorgeous and will always have a place in my top book boyfriend list. Whenever my favourite lines were said, I became giddy and my tummy was flip-flopping all over the place. He can make me swoon any day of the week! Lol. 

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the "On Dublin Street" audiobook and I highly recommend all fans of romance to snap this one up. I'm certain that you won't regret it. 

"On Dublin Street" gets  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me 


No comments:

Post a Comment