Tuesday 21 July 2015

Review: Rachel Van Dyken's "Elite (Eagle Elite #1)."

Review: Rachel Van Dyken's "Elite (Eagle Elite #1)." 


Synopsis:

When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.

2. Do not look at The Elect.

3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

Review-Jo

I know I'm a little late to the party with this book. It had been on my kindle for a while and I finally got the chance to read it this weekend and now that I've finished it, I'm thinking why the hell did I leave it so long? From the moment I began reading this story I was hooked. 

" Everything you've ever known..........is about to change." 

Tracey had won a place at an exclusive private school so the story began just as she was starting the move that would change her life, hopefully for the better. I instantly liked Tracey and I quickly became invested in her story. Following the death of her parents, Tracey had been living with her grandparents on their farm. She had been living a simple and sheltered life and was brought up to be kind, caring and loving. Tracey really didn't have a bad bone in her body. Moving to the prestigious boarding school, she had high hopes for her future. Unfortunately, she very quickly discovered that the school was not at all what she had imagined it to be. 

When I'd entered the lottery to go to this school, all I could think about was 
how I would be practically set for life. Now it seemed like I'd stepped into an 
action movie where the star had more power than the president of the United States.

Because I hardly ever read the synopsis of a book, I had no idea what I was in for so the minute things began to happen, my brain was working overtime trying to make sense of what I was reading. I was just as confused as Tracey so it was easy for me to put myself in her shoes and understand how she was feeling. As soon as Tracey met Nixon, things started to get weird and it continued that way until Tracey finally found out what was going on. Tracey showed a lot of courage during her first days at the school. I think I would have run away as soon as I got the chance! LOL. 

"Know that you make your own choices. You create your own destiny. And baby, 
I have the keys so either play by my rules, or don't. The choice is yours." 

Nixon was extremely good looking, but with his good looks also came a very confusing personality. One minute he was being an arse, treating Tracey so cruelly and the next minute he was being so caring and thoughtful towards her and promising to protect her no matter what. I didn't get why Nixon was acting the way he was with someone that he had only just met. I was completely baffled by his actions and Tracey was too. There was obviously some kind of connection between them and I couldn't put my kindle down until I had found out what it was. 

"At least I can say I'd freaking bleed for you, if that's what it takes." 
"Takes?" 
"To keep you safe."
"So you'd die for me?" 
"Don't you get it? I'd give my life for yours." 

"Elite" was a fantastic start to a series. My only regret is that it took me so long to read it, but I will look on the bright side because I have a whole lot of books to catch up with now, which is what I am going to do as soon as I finish this review. "Elect" is already on my kindle waiting for me. If you looking for a new series to start that is full of suspense, intrigue and romance, I highly recommend giving this series a try. I am certain that you won't regret it. 

"I need you like I need my heart to pump blood through my body, like I need air 
to breathe, like we need gravity. Hell, Trace you are my gravity."

"Elite (Eagle Elite #1)" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment