Monday 20 July 2015

Review: Katie Ashley's "Vicious Cycle (Vicious Cycle #1)."

Review: Katie Ashley's "Vicious Cycle (Vicious Cycle #1)." 

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1Pipgs5
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1JXAB1v

Synopsis:

Deacon Malloy’s life is dedicated to the Hell’s Raiders motorcycle club. Tough, hard, and fast with his fists, he serves the group as sergeant at arms. But his devil-may-care approach to life is thrown for a loop when the five-year-old daughter he never knew existed lands on the club steps.

Alexandra Evans is devoted to all her students—but there’s always been something about Willow Malloy that tugs at her heart. There’s an aura of sadness about her, a girl in need of all the love Alexandra can give. When Willow stops coming to school, Alexandra’s search leads to a clubhouse full of bikers…and a father hell-bent on keeping his daughter always within sight.

The moment Deacon sees Alexandra, he has to have her in his bed—and he’s never met a woman yet who couldn’t be persuaded. No matter how attracted she is to Deacon, Alexandra refuses to be just another conquest. But it’s Deacon himself who could be seduced—into a brighter future for himself, his daughter, and the woman he’s falling for against all odds. 

Review-Jo 

When I saw that Katie Ashley was writing a new biker series, I couldn't wait to read it. "Vicious Cycle" started well. The prologue was everything I expected from an MC book. It was brutal and hard hitting and I was immediately gripped and couldn't wait to continue. As soon as I began to realise the premise of the story, I was intrigued. I was excited to see how the relationship between the hot biker and a respectable kindergarten teacher would play out surrounded by the gritty world of an MC club.

"You want a little of the outlaw life, White-Bread?"
"No. I just want more of you. Regardless of the risks or the obstacles, I want you." 

Unfortunately this story didn't quite hit the spot and I realised that my excitement was short lived. 

I enjoyed the love story between the two main characters, Deacon and Alexandra, but I felt that the story lacked the edginess that I would expect from a story of this genre. The bikers were a little too soft, in my opinion and so It felt as though something was missing.

The main reason that I continued reading on was the romance aspect of the story. I really liked Deacon and Alex's characters and I was keen to see what would happen between the pair. Sadly, as I read on, I found that although I enjoyed watching Deacon and Alex's relationship develop I felt that they lacked any kind of sizzle. It was all getting a little disappointing. Thankfully, things did pick up in the story and there were a few curve balls thrown in that kept me turning the pages. Because I am an hopeless romantic and because I liked Deacon and Alex, I felt that I was invested in their relationship and I was interested to see if they would get their HEA. I wasn't going to give up reading until the last page had been turned. 

Little by little, she had chiselled away at my resolve not to ever care 
about another woman. While she was so fucking wrong 
for me, she was also so fucking right.

If you are going into this story having never read other books in this genre, I think that you will enjoy it, however if you are expecting something that is rough, edgy and dirty this probably wouldn't meet your expectations. For me, it was an okay read but it didn't wow me.

"Vicious Cycle" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment