Thursday 21 May 2015

Review: Monica Murphy's "Five Days Until You (One Week Girlfriend #4.5)".

Review: Monica Murphy's "Five Days Until You (One Week Girlfriend #4.5)". 


Synopsis:

Unsure. That's how I'm feeling about my entire life. Just when everything's good and I have it all under control, my girl Chelsea decides she's going to leave me for the summer. Despite my disappointment, I have to support her. It's what she wants, an opportunity she can't say no to and no way will I be the one to stop her. I love her too much to hold her back. 

Opportunities are happening for me too, though. A big one that my brother-in-law Drew says I can't pass up. I'm working extra hard. So is Chelsea. It's like we don't have any time to get together. We keep making the same promise--only five more days until we see each other again. But we keep breaking that promise. Is our relationship strong enough to survive all of these changes?

Review-Jo 

This series is one of my most favourite ever. I adore each book and every character that I have met along the way and as soon as I discovered that Monica Murphy had sneakily released a new novella to the series, I couldn't wait to get the chance to be reunited with the "One Week Girlfriend" gang. 

This instalment is mainly focused on Owen and Chelsea as they continued to make their relationship work whilst dealing with the problems that were put in their way, problems that were caused by both Owen and Chelsea's career plans. After the couple made the decision to be apart for the summer, they had to overcome all of the complications that were caused from having a long distance relationship. 

Now that the girl I've always wanted by my side is about to stand on her own 
two feet and do something that belongs only to her, I wonder where exactly I fit into 
her new world. And if she would still need me when it was all said and done.

I loved this next chapter in Owen and Chelsea's story. It was a really sweet novella that not only featured the couple but I was also given a few glimpses into what was happening between Drew and Fable. I really do love these characters, so to be given the chance to take a peak into their lives again was like catching up with old friends. If you are a fan of this series, you will not be disappointed. 

I'm so fucking thankful to have you in my life. No matter what happens, 
as long as I have you by my side, I know everything's going to be all right.

As well as Owen and Chelsea's story, this book also contained the Christmas story that involved Drew, Fable, Owen and Chelsea. I have actually read this short story before, however I couldn't turn down the opportunity of a re-read! If you haven't yet read this one, you are going to love it. Whilst catching up with most of the characters from this series, I was reminded of how much I enjoyed Jen and Colin's story in "Three Broken Promises" and I am now wandering what has happened to this couple. So Monica Murphy, I would love it if you wrote another story involving Jen and Colin. Even if it's a short bonus addition or a novella. I just want to check and see that they are doing okay! lol. 

"Five Days Until You" was a beautiful addition to a fantastic series and gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment