Friday 22 May 2015

Review: Jennifer Probst's "Searching for Perfect (Searching for #2)."

Review: Jennifer  Probst's "Searching for Perfect (Searching for #2)."


Synopsis:

The up-and-coming matchmaking agency Kinnections is the hottest thing to hit Verily, New York—just like Kennedy Ashe, social director for the service she owns with her two best girlfriends. A coach, consultant, and cheerleader rolled into one super-sizzling package, Kennedy creates dream dates, encourages singles to shine, and never refuses a challenge—not even Nate Ellison Raymond Dunkle, rocket scientist, nerd extraordinaire, and Kennedy’s newest client.

Kennedy vows to work her magic and transform this hot mess in a lab coat with a disastrous relationship track record into the most wanted man on the Verily dating scene. If only she could turn the wand on herself . . . 

Though she radiates confidence and sex appeal, Kennedy harbors deep-seated insecurities from a tormented past and lifelong struggle with weight issues. When she realizes she and Nate are cut from the same cloth and might be perfect together, can Kennedy learn to let her heart lead the way? Or will her fears sentence her to the sidelines as Nate finds love—with someone else?

Review-Jo 

I loved the first book in Jennifer Probst's "Searching For" series and I immediately wanted to read the next book. However for some unknown reason I didn't. Now with the upcoming release of "Searching for Beautiful", the third book in the series, I finally pressed that one-click button and started reading. And I am so glad that I did, because I loved "Searching for Perfect". It was a brilliant story that contained the most adorable nerd ever. This book had me giggling throughout. If you are looking for something cute and funny, this one is perfect. 

Ned or Nate (as he was later known) started out as the most dorkiest character ever. He truly was one hundred percent geek. From his rocket scientist job to his coffee stained lab coat to the way he just had to clean a restaurant table before he sat down to eat. Ned reminded me of a character from "The Big Bang Theory". He was a nerd through and through but despite this, I couldn't help but find him completely adorable. He had me laughing out loud on many occasion and also kinda feeling sorry for him. Poor Ned was having no luck finding the woman of his dreams, unsurprisingly. He wanted to find his soul mate, someone to settle down with for the rest of his life but one look at Ned in his lab coat and orthopaedic looking shoes and most women would run a mile. Ned needed a miracle worker and this is how the Kinnections dating agency entered his life and with it along came Kennedy Ashe. 

Nerdy, rich rocket scientist who wanted to get married and meet his match. This was 
her swan song-her Eliza Doolittle-her crowning achievement and challenge of a lifetime.

If you have read the first book in the series you will know all about Kinnections and the girls that run it. Kennedy Ashe was one of those girls. Her mission was to help Ned in his quest to find his girl. I loved Kennedy's character, she was determined to change Ned into a man that no woman could resist and this started by changing his name to the much more manly name of Nate. This was where the story really got a lot more interesting. Kennedy and Nate began their intensive, miracle working make over which, in turn meant that the pair had to spend a lot of time together. Kennedy and Nate found that the more time they spent together, the closer they became. You may have already guessed what happens next between Kennedy and Nate. It was pretty predictable however this did not put me off the story one bit. 

"My job is to find you love and I intend to do it."
"What if you already did?" 

I loved watching Kennedy and Nate's relationship flourish. The pair were good together and the change in Nate was amazing. The only thing that drove me a little crazy was the way that Kennedy struggled with her true feelings. This story began as Nate having the problems but it turned out that it was actually Kennedy who needed the most help and advice. Although Kennedy frustrated me, the anticipation of what would happen between the couple kept me turning those pages. I was desperate for Kennedy and Nate's relationship to work out. I wanted to see Nate get the girl and his happy ending. 

"I love every part of you-good and bad-dark and light-
and I want to share it all. But you have to let me."

"Searching for Perfect" was another delightful addition to a sweet and romantic series. Although this story can be read as a standalone, I would recommend that you read the books in series order to avoid spoilers and to fully understand all of the characters. And on that note, I am now ready to dive straight into "Searching for Beautiful" and I can't wait! Kennedy and Nate's story gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment