Wednesday 20 May 2015

Review: C.D. Reiss' "ShutterGirl."

Review: C.D. Reiss' "ShutterGirl."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1cIA6v5

Synopsis:

I am not hurt.

I don’t need a second chance with him, or a life I thought I had.

While he was out forgetting me to become a movie star, I was building a career out of nothing. A career as a paparazzi, but a career. For a foster kid who bounced around every home in Los Angeles, that wasn’t easy.

This camera is all I have.

He’s nothing to me. Every time I take his picture and sell it, I remind myself that I did it all without him or his approval, his cinnamon smell or his clear green eyes. He lights up the screen like a celestial body, but he’s nothing but a paycheck to me.

He can throw my camera off a balcony, and nothing has to change. We can stay king and queen of the same city, and different worlds.

Except this is Hollywood, and here, anything can happen.

Review-Jo 

C.D. Reiss has done it again!!! This was yet another fantastic book to add to an already outstanding collection of awesome reads. I absolutely loved "ShutterGirl". With a brilliant story, amazing characters and a whole lot of swoony romance, this book is sure to be a hit! 

He kissed me tenderly and I wondered who he cared for: the screwed-up paparazza who 
was nothing but trouble or some fantasy of a women he was going to save from her past.

Laine and Michael first met as teenagers. Although they both had crushes on each other, nothing had ever happened between the pair. Many years later, the couple's paths crossed again but this time they both knew exactly what they wanted. The pair were no longer innocent teenagers and their feelings for each other had never really gone away. As adults, Laine and Michael were free to finally act on their long lasting crushes. Sounds simple, right? A beautiful love story about second chance romance. Unfortunately it wasn't that easy for Laine and Michael. Michael had grown up to be a hugely successful actor and Laine was on the other side of the camera. She was part of the LA paparazzi, earning her living taking photo's of A list stars just like Michael. Laine was the enemy!! 

If I was going to be irresponsible and get involved with a woman, 
I probably couldn't pick anyone worse than Laine Cartwright.

C.D. Reiss always delivers such fabulous characters and once again she did not disappoint with Laine and Michael. Laine was such a strong, fierce heroine. She had been through an awful lot of bad stuff in her life but she refused to let her past experiences reflect on her future. Throughout the story, she proved what a passionate, caring, tenacious and selfless woman she was. With all the problems that Laine and Micheal had thrown at them, Laine always put Micheal first. There were times when my heart broke for Laine as she had to deal with events from her past. I wanted to climb into my kindle to comfort her when things got rough. The more I knew about her, the more I admired her. She truly was a brilliant character. 

"You're so perfect, and I'm...I'm just a mess. I'm not whole. 
I'm a bunch of pieces of a person I cobbled together." 

Micheal was so swoonworthy! A handsome actor who was a bit of a romantic. There was no way that any girl could refuse this beautiful man. There wasn't an inch of movie star arrogance about him. Michael was charming and sexy, he was just perfect....sigh! With the continuation of the story, I got to learn more about him and I found myself feeling a little sorry for him. Michael was getting sick and tired of his acting career, being pushed from one film production to the next. He felt trapped, with no sign of escape from his squeaky clean image. So when Laine re-entered Michael's life, he began to feel free. She was like a breath of fresh air. Laine was someone that he could be real with and that was a feeling that he did not want to give up, even if she was the enemy! 

All I could think about was how much I wanted to take Laine to bed. 
Feel her twisted under me, hear her cry out for me. I wanted to share sweat and skin, 
to blend a scent of our own making.

I adored the idea of this story. It was so unlike anything I had ever read before. As soon as I began reading, I was hooked and I remained just as hooked throughout the entire book. I was constantly wondering if Laine and Michael could make their relationship work. They had so much against them but I was rooting for Laine and Micheal every step of the way. 

"You're a devil in high heels, but you...God I want you. You. Your body, 
yes, but everything else too. I want to make everything in your world right. I can't help it. " 

As always with this author, the writing was on another level. I love C.D. Reiss' style of writing, I love how she describes everything in such a way that I am completely captivated and swept away by her work. I also love her passion for L.A. All of her books that I have read are situated in Los Angeles and even though I have never actually been there, I feel like I know L.A like the back of my hand! lol. And as for the Hollywood sign, I will never be able to look at a picture of it again without thinking of Laine and Michael. 

As safe as I felt under the covers was as safe as I felt with Michael. He was my 
under the covers. He was my Los Angeles. Let them all look at me. He was mine.

"ShutterGirl" was everything that I hoped it would be. It was dreamy, it was feisty and it was hugely entertaining. Read it, peeps. You will not be disappointed. This one gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment