Thursday 23 April 2015

Review: Tillie Cole's "Sweet Rome (Sweet Home #2)."

Review: Tillie Cole's "Sweet Rome (Sweet Home #2)." 

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1FEyPwe
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1CEiHKn

Synopsis:

You met Romeo Prince in the Amazon & USA Today bestselling novel, Sweet Home. Now hear the story from his lips: unbarred, uncensored, and raw to the bone. 

It makes me laugh when I hear folks think Molly and I rushed into things too fast, spouting that we couldn't possibly have felt what we did for each other in such a short space of time. I say, how the hell would they know? We made it, didn't we? She became my whole life, didn't she? And as for my folks not being real, being true? Tell that to me aged ten, eleven, twelve—damn, all my bastard life—when I was never enough, when I was beaten until I bled for being too good at football and not being everything they'd dreamed: the perfectly dutiful son. Tell that to thousands of kids around the world getting wailed on by asshole parents for whatever stupid reason; tell them evil don't exist in their eyes. 

Fuck Romeo and Juliet. This is the story of me and my girl, from my lips. No mushy sentiment, no cheese, just the plain, hard truth, and, because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you in on more of our story too. 

Sweet Rome is a New Adult Companion Novel to Sweet Home—contains adult content, sexual situations, and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up. 

Review-Jo Rushton 

I started "Sweet Rome" almost immediately after finishing "Sweet Home". I had fallen in love with Romeo Prince and I was excited to read the story from his perspective. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed to discover that this book was mostly a repeat of the previous book. I was hoping to learn something new from Rome's POV, to have my eye's opened to new scenes and to discover how he coped in certain situations. There were parts of the story that I was looking forward to reading from his perspective. however it really didn't deliver in the way that I had hoped. Sadly I was left wanting more from these scenes. 

With Molly wrapped in my protective embrace, accepting me on every level, 
my issues, my need for control, my priorities shifted. Everything 
changed for me in that second, and my girl was now right at the top.

The only thing I achieved from reading the majority of this book was the re-affirming of what I already knew about Rome. I already knew how much Rome loved Molly. I knew how strong his feelings were towards her. I guess this book gave me the chance to know exactly what Rome's thoughts and feelings were during certain occasions in the story but it did not bring anything new to Molly and Rome's story. I suppose Rome truly was an open book. 

I couldn't believe that someone so right had been made for me, that we'd found 
each other in such an unlikely way. She was my equal in every sense.

Thankfully, there was a part of the story that I absolutely loved. The last fifteen per-cent of the book was an entirely new addition to the story. This new part continued on from where "Sweet Home" had ended and there was also a beautiful epilogue all written from Rome's POV. I adored reading this extra bit to the story as I was given a glimpse into Romeo and Molly's future. There was also a delightful bonus scene written from Molly's perspective which I loved too. This part was definitely worth the read.

For the first time in years, I truly liked who I was, and it was all due 
to the girl before me, binding herself to me forever in every possible way.

So as you can probably tell, I have mixed views on this book. Maybe I did not enjoy Rome's POV as much as I had expected because "Sweet Home" was still fresh in my mind. Maybe I would have a different view if I had taken a break in-between books. I can understand why some people have loved this book because it is all about Rome and he really is a gorgeous guy, however for me it wasn't a book that I loved until I reached the last few chapters. If I had already known this perhaps I would have skipped straight to the end. Lol!

"Sweet Rome" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment