Friday 24 April 2015

Review: Brittainy C. Cherry's "Art & Soul".

Review: Brittainy C. Cherry's "Art & Soul". 


Synopsis:

I had always been the invisible art student in high school. 

Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed. 

Now I was Aria Watson… that girl.

After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp.

I would never be invisible again.

Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me.

Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of?

We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful.

We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together.

Each other. 

Review-Jo 

"Love openly," 
"Love unconditionally," 
"Love the struggles," 
"Love in the moment." 

"Art & Soul" was another sweet romance from Brittainy C. Cherry. It was a touching story of teenage lives, first loves and a whole lot of issues in-between. If you love YA romance this a story that you don't want to miss. 

"Some people were born to stand out, Aria. Just deal with it and keep dancing." 

Aria was a teenager who was a little different and being different from your peers when you are a teenager is not a popular thing to do. Aria stood out from the crowd. She had her own sense of style and she accepted that she was different. She was confident with her own identity and life was going okay. That was until, something happened that completely changed everything. Aria was never going to be the same again and I wondered what was in store for her future. That was when she met the new boy in town, Levi Myers. 

He looked like a whisper sounds. Sweet, gentle and romantic. 
It was making me dizzy. I shouldn't be looking at him.

Levi had a difficult life. He was attempting to cope with problems that most adults would struggle with. I know that I would have. Levi was in an impossible situation, leaving him feeling torn between the people he loved the most. I admired how he dealt with his life in such a mature and selfless way. The more I got to know Levi, the more I loved him. He was a special kind of guy with a huge heart. and when he met Aria, I had a feeling that he had found his soul mate. 

I felt everyone's eyes on me, but only one pair of brown eyes really mattered.

Aria and Levi were drawn to each other the moment that they set eyes on each other. Levi was attracted to Aria because she was quirky and different from the usual high school girls. He had his own unconventional passions in life thus sharing a connection with Aria for being that little bit different. Aria and Levi suited each other perfectly and they made a cool and creative couple. Together, they began a gorgeous relationship. The pair supported each other through their problems. They shared so much love and maturity between them. Aria and Levi were beautiful together and I adored watching their relationship develop.

"I like you, Aria. I know I'm not supposed to for certain reasons, 
but I don't care. I like you. and I hope that's okay because I don't know how to stop." 

This story wasn't just focused on Aria and Levi. I loved getting to know Aria's friend Simon who was just as quirky as Aria and Levi. I loved Simon's character and I felt that he also had his own engaging and enjoyable story. Getting to know the families was also very interesting, especially Levi's. After getting to know his family, I completely understand the reasons why he had developed into such a compassionate young man. 

The world was often ugly and painful, filled with hate, sadness and despair. But Aria? 
She made sense in a senseless world. She was the rainbow to my everlasting thunderstorms.

I enjoyed every minute of reading this beautiful story. I laughed, I cried, I swooned and I fell in love. Every part of Aria and Levi's journey touched my heart. I found that the story flowed perfectly, written from duel POV. I love this authors style of writing, there were so many quotes that I adored. The highlighter function on my kindle was well used during this story and I found it so difficult to choose which quotes to include in my review. I really do not have anything bad to say about this book. If you are a fan of teen romance, don't hesitate in one-clicking this one! 

We became the masterpiece of the loneliest souls. The colors in both of our eyes bled out, 
knowing that sometimes the most beautiful pieces of art were created from the darkest of souls.

"Art & Soul" gets  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment