Wednesday 14 January 2015

Review: Meghan Quinn's "Becoming a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series # 1)."

Review: Meghan Quinn's "Becoming a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series # 1)."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1zLMs9Y
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1zLMs9Y

Synopsis:

How did I start the Lafayette Club?

Well, I’m in the business of saving tarnished souls. I hand pick girls from the street who have no options left in life and give them an opportunity they can’t possibly refuse.

They come to work in the Lafayette Club which is full of EXQUISITE DEBAUCHERY, where influential men come to conduct business and lap dances are considered a fine art. 

The girls are trained, they are morphed, they are educated, they follow the rules of the club and they know to submit to me. They live by my motto, no relationships, no love, just sex. 

They are never touched, only by me, they are never completely naked, only with me, and their personas are entirely anonymous. The only person who knows who they truly are, is me, Jett Colby. 

If these girls were ever seen on the streets of New Orleans, you would never know they were a Jett Girl. 

Review: Surj Harvey

I get it... I know what my fellow readers mean when they say "I wanna be a Jett Girl." Trust me, I've joined that queue and I'm happy to play dirty to get to the front of it... Lol. "Becoming a Jett Girl" was a book that was wrong on so many levels but OMG, so right in so many ways too. Yup I'm saying this as I sit here with the mother of all lady boners.. lol. It could have quite easily been a DNF but I couldn't help it, I got sucked in good and proper. My head was screaming at me to shut up shop and walk away but my hormones and my curiosity were dragging me back to Goldie and Jett's story... "Don't give up," they whispered. "Keep going," they said. And so I did... I read the book and finished the damn thing and immediately one clicked the second book.. go figure huh... who'd have thought a bunch of hormones would win out? 

"You'll be the death of me, you know? Your defiance ignites the short fuse I have when 
I'm around you and all I want to do is stuff a gag in your mouth and take what's mine."

So the synopsis pretty much covers what this book was about. Jett Colby (self made rich kid) helped women who were at the depths of despair turn their lives around by offering them a position as a Jett Girl at the Lafayette Club. They danced, they paraded, they entertained but they never got touched and they didn't have sex with the customers... that was a rule. Sounds good right? Well there's always a catch and in this situation the catch was... they couldn't have sex with anyone except Jett. Yeah ... um.... I wasn't sure what to make of that. It sounded completely wrong but I read on to see whether I would get some sort of explanation... which I got. Jett dressed it up by saying they didn't have to have sex with him. It was a choice and it was all about pleasing the ladies. 

When you hand over your body to me, I treat it with the utmost care and worship it. 
I understand the trust you are handing over to me and I make sure never to break it." 

Well Mr Colby, dress it up any which way you want but when you remove the option of having sex with anyone else, you promise women the world, you find yourself a few highly sexed women, of course they're going to bend to your will and end up shagging your brains out. You're the only bloody option they have!!!! To say this infuriated me a little is an understatement. That said, I'm really sorry but my moral integrity went out the window because holy crap, this book gave me some of the hottest sex scenes I've read in a while and I mean the kind that have your panties wet, your hormones going crazy for some, your toes curling and your thighs clenching... no word of a lie this book turned me on no end and by the time I'd finished it, I desperately needed me some dirty!!! eye roll all you want but hey, I'm only human. 

"Why did I start the Lafayette Club? Well, I'm in the business of saving tarnished souls."

Jett Colby was his own brand of asshole and he bugged the hell out of me. He was moody and mean and there were definitely times I wanted to knee him in the nuts. Did I like him? No but I kind of forgot myself a little because of all the naughtiness he delivered, his fingers and penis taking charge of any brain cells I had remaining... oops. Did he redeem himself? Not really despite getting his back story. let's just say, this man was a little more than just f**ked up with situation after situation turning him into dick head he had become. I tried to understand and sympathise but boy did he make it difficult. 

After Hurricane Katrina took everything from Goldie, she was quite literally scraping the bottom of the barrel, trying to make ends meet. Well low and behold, when an offer to train as a Jett Girl presented itself, she grabbed the opportunity... this was last chance saloon, it was make or break. Goldie's character was fab. 

There's feeling low and then there was the level I was at... hopeless. 

She was a feisty firecracker who didn't take too well to being controlled. She was hilarious and her one-liners had me howling. There was absolutely no filter when it came to her mouth and for entertainment value, she was definitely a ten out of ten. The thing about Goldie was, she wasn't like the other girls. She needed human contact. she needed affection and love and so very quickly I knew which way this story would go. A man that won't let anyone in emotionally... a woman craving affection... there's only one way this could go .. right? Wrong!!! Expect the unexpected is all I'll say because this little one definitely surprised me with some of her behaviour choices. 

For me, there were three main characters in "Becoming a Jett Girl" with Kace being the third one. He was a fantastic addition to the cast and definitely stirred things up a little. His back story was a sad one and I hated the way Jett held that over him at times... yup like I said... asshole!!! I can't wait to get to know Kace better and I really hope he gets his HEA. The other Jett Girls were equally amazing and I loved the bond they shared. they weren't at all how I thought they'd be. They had morals, they fought for one another and had each others backs. Now how often does that happen with a bunch of women? 

Kace was a man of few words and he suffered from demons just like I did, 
every damn day of our lives. We had different demons haunting us day in 
and day out, but demons nonetheless. 

"Becoming a Jett Girl" was definitely a guilty pleasure read. I shouldn't have enjoyed it but I freakin' loved it and the minute I turned the last page, the next book in the series was immediately clicked. I'm 20% in and Jett is still an asshole but I'm learning to cope with that... lol. Honestly, if you come across this book, read it. It'll have you laughing until your sides hurt, it'll have you worked up into a sexual frenzy and the story will definitely leave you begging for the next instalment... which is where I'm off to now. Enjoy peep. I rated this book ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment