Saturday 8 November 2014

Review: Lauren Blakely's "Night After Night (Seductive Nights #1)".

Review: Lauren Blakely's "Night After Night (Seductive Nights #1)". 

Amazon.com:     http://amzn.to/1st2fNr
Amazon UK:      http://amzn.to/1u1hUSG

Synopsis:

Their world was sex, love, and lies.

He intoxicated her. Commanded. Consumed.

With a dirty mind and a mouth to match, Clay Nichols is everything Julia never knew she wanted and exactly what she cannot have. He walked into her life one night and unlocked pleasure in her that she never knew was possible. Possessing her body, captivating her every thought. Which makes him way too dangerous for Julia to risk her heart, given that she has a price tag on her head. She ran after one mind-blowing week with him, but now he's back, and determined to make her his own.

No matter the cost.

She was a sexy drug to him. Fiery, unforgettable, and never enough, Julia is an enigma, and Clay isn't willing to let her go without a fight. But she's got dark secrets of her own that threaten to destroy any chance of happiness. She's a wanted woman - the stakes are high, her every move is watched, and yet the lure between them can't be denied. Can two people burned by love trust again when desire and passion are met by danger at every turn?

Review-Jo Rushton 

Everything started off so well for Julia and Clay back in "First Night (Seductive Nights 0.5)." All it had taken was this sexy as sin man to walk into Julia's bar and that was it. A night of heated passion ensued and a match made in heaven was born. Together Julia and Clay were perfect. The sex was off the charts.... amazing and they were falling for each other in a big way. 

"You and me. I don't want this to be a one-time thing. I want to see you again." 

In this second book entitled "Night after Night," I loved reading the tender and romantic moments between the couple. Clay was turning out to be such a romantic guy and I loved seeing Julia so happy. I really wanted their relationship to work out. But in the real world it was clear that it was not going to last. Secrets and Lies stood between them and I was certain it was all going to all end in tears. 

"They're a deal breaker for me. There's no need for lies. You agree?" 

I had my suspicions about Julia right from the start and as the story progressed, the more I knew about her secrets, I more I began to understand why it was impossible for her to be involved with Clay. For no fault of her own, Julia was in danger. With no escape, her situation was going from bad to worse. I was really worried for her. I didn't have a clue how she could get out of this danger and the worst part was that it appeared that no one could help her. 

She had to extricate herself before she made her problems his problems. 
No one wanted that kind of shit in their lives. 

Clay hated lies so when he suspected that Julia was hiding something from him he knew that he had to walk away. This was easier said than done. Clay was in too deep. How could he turn his back on someone that he felt so strongly for? You could feel his frustration's coming off the page. What would he do? I felt truly sorry for him and the predicament that he found himself in. 

This was a brilliant, heart wrenching part to the story that had me hooked throughout. I can't wait for the next part in the story and luckily it is already out so no need to wait! 

"Night After Night gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment