Sunday 9 November 2014

Review: Lauren Blakely's "After This Night (Seductive Nights #2)".

Review: Lauren Blakely's "After This Night (Seductive Nights #2)". 

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1vkzfEF
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1wMqX9w

Synopsis:

Their world was passion, pleasure and secrets.

Far too many secrets. But Clay Nichols can't get Julia Bell out of his mind. He's so drawn to her, and to the nights they shared, that he can't focus on work or business. Only her. And she's pissing him off with her hot and cold act. She has her reasons though–she's trying to stay one step ahead of the trouble that's been chasing her for months now, thanks to the criminal world her ex dragged her into. If only she can get out of this mess, then maybe she can invite the man who ignites her back in her life, so she can have him–heart, mind and body.

He won't take less than all of her, and the full truth too. When he runs into her again at her sister's wedding, they have a second chance but she'll have to let him all the way in. And they'll learn just how much more there is to the intense sexual chemistry they share, and whether love can carry them well past the danger of her past and into a new future, after this night...

Review-Jo Rushton 

"After this Night" was yet another brilliant part to this erotic series. Julia and Clay were apart and missing the hell out of one another. However, each of them had some soul searching to do and all I kept wondering was, could this couple be together with Julie's secret hanging over their heads? 

I was so apprehensive going into this book. I was certain that something bad was going to happen and I prepared myself for the worst. I just couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel for Julia. It appeared that things continued to get harder for her with each passing day and I truly feared for what was in store for her. She needed a miracle to happen. Unfortunately for Julia, I didn't think a knight in shining was going to be enough this time around. 

My heart went out to Julia. She had met her dream man but had to let him go. I totally understood her decision to protect Clay. She could have so easily played the damsel in distress but she chose not to. She was determined to handle things herself. The only problem was that things were getting worse and I wasn't sure she could deal with her problems alone. 

"I didn't come to San Francisco that first night looking for this. I wasn't looking for anything."
"What did you come for? What did you want?"
"I didn't want anything," 
"And now?"
"Now I want everything."

I have fallen more and more in love with Clay with every part to the series that I've read. I loved how he wore his heart on his sleeve, sharing his true feelings with Julia. Clay wanted Julia and wasn't afraid to show it. When clay was passionate about something, he found it impossible to give that passion up. Lucky for Julia, she was his passion. 

"Do you think this will stop?"
"Wanting you like this?"
"Yes,"
"No, because of how I feel."
"How do you feel?"
"I am obsessed. Utterly obsessed," 

The scenes when Julia and Clay were together were once again filled with heat and desire. Their feelings for each other were so intense. They continued to be hot as hell, both in and out of the bedroom and as for the some of the words that Clay said to Julia.. swoon overload!! That man had it all going on! He ticked all the boxes for me. One minute he was deliciously kinky and the next he was all sweet and romantic.

I found myself, once again totally hooked to this story from start to finish, I could not put my kindle down. I spent some parts of it on the edge of my seat as the drama began to unfold, some parts reaching for a fan to cool me down and some parts were spent with my heart fluttering like mad! My emotions were all over the place but I loved it. For me this was my favorite part of the series so far. 

Before I go I just wanted to share one of my favorite quotes from this book. It's not sexy or dramatic but I loved it because it's just so romantic. It made me feel giddy! 

Her body melted into his as she roped her arms around his neck, 
and they kissed, and they kissed, and they kissed.

"After This Night" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment