Friday 7 November 2014

Review: Gayle Forman's "Where She Went (If I Stay #2)".

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Review: Gayle Forman's "Where She Went (If I Stay #2)". 


Synopsis: 

It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.

And three years he's spent wondering why.

When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.

Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?

Review-Jo Rushton

Do not read this review until you have read the first book in the series "If I Stay". 

When I first spotted this book I assumed that it was Adam's POV of "If I Stay". How wrong was I!! I was extremely excited to learn that this was the conclusion to Mia and Adam's story, following on from the previous book. "Where She Went" was the story of what happened next. What had become of Mia and Adam? I couldn't wait to find out. 

This sequel continued three years after the accident. I was surprised and saddened to learn that Adam was living his life without Mia. This is not what I had expected!! I was gutted that Mia and Adam were no longer together, especially after everything that had happened and I just couldn't comprehend what had gone wrong. I was left with so many questions that I was desperate to find answers for. 

"She told me that she loved me more than life itself." 

The story was written from Adam's perspective, skipping from past to present, with Adam reliving the last three years events. I was heartbroken to learn what had happened between Mia and Adam and wondered where this left poor Adam. It was tragic that after everything the pair had been through together, they were no longer even friends. I wondered if the couple would ever see each other again. 

As the book was told from Adam's POV, I felt that I really got to know him. I was able to get inside his head and understand his feelings, his thoughts and learn just what a beautiful man he was turning out to be. It also my heart hurt to realize how Mia and the accident had affected him. Mia was not the only one that suffered. My heart went out to him.

A day might be just twenty-four hours but sometimes 
getting through just one seems as impossible as scaling Everest.

Finally Adam and Mia found themselves in the same place at the same time. It appeared that fate had re-united them. Yay!!! What followed was a night filled with honesty and heartbreak as the couple shared their true feelings about their lives over the last three years. 

"I still wake up every single morning and for a second I forget that I don't have my 
family anymore. And then I remember, Do you know whats that's like?" 

I learnt what had happened to Mia and found myself understanding her reasons behind the way she had treated Adam and why she felt that she had to leave. So what would happen once that night was over? 

I have to make good on my promise. To let her go. To really let her go. To let us both go.

I was wondering if it would bring the closure that Adam badly needed or would it just re-open old wounds. I knew what I wanted to happen between the two but I'm not going to spoil the story and let you in on what happens next. You need to read it for yourself!

"Where She Went" was a beautiful conclusion to the series. I was once again feeling so many emotions whilst reading this book. Heart ache, sadness, anger, confusion and of course happiness. It was a truly emotional journey and I have loved every single word. I was lost in this story from start to finish. My kindle was permanently in my hand until the last page had been turned.

If you have read "If I Stay" you have to read this book!! It is a Must!  I loved everything about "Where She went" and as such it gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Emotional Hearts from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment