Wednesday 23 July 2014

Review: Monica Murphy's "His Reverie."

The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog are pleased to be a part of the Review Blitz for Monica Murphy's "His Reverie."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1qzgizX
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1ndEowM

Synopsis 

I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can. We’re going to make this summer count. She’s my secret. And I’m hers.

The problem with secrets is they never last for long. And when others discover we’re together, they’ll do whatever it takes to keep us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.

Because Reverie Hale? She’s mine.

Review- Jo 

I love Monica Murphy! I've read everything that she's written and she has never let me down. "His Reverie" is no exception. This was such a beautiful love story that had me hooked from the very first words. 

In "His Reverie" I met Nick and Reverie. 

Nick had suffered more then his fair share of hard times. My heart broke for him as I was reading his story. Nick brought out a protective side in me and I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and shelter him from any more tragedy. This boy owned my heart from the very beginning. 

She's the sweet one. The one who fills me with light that chases out the darkness. 
The one who listens to me, who talks to me, who holds my hand and offers me comfort 
when no one else has done that for me in so long. Reverie has become my everything. 
And that's both scary and wonderful, all at the same time. 

Reverie was a sweet, innocent girl who lived in the protected world of her Reverend Father and her family. I felt sorry for Reverie because, although she had everything she could want in materiel things (a nice house, beautiful clothes and a private education), unfortunately she had to abide by strict rules resulting in her own personality being stifled. Reverie longed for the freedom of being able to do what she wanted. 

I always follow the rules. I'm a good girl. I'm downright boring, just like they want me to be. 
But it's not enough. It's never enough. I want to be enough for someone. 
For Nick. Nicholas Fairfield. I want to be more than enough because 
I think he could be enough for me. I know he could.

Nick got a job as a handyman, working for the Reverend at his summer home. This is when he meets Reverie. The couple are deeply attracted to each other but Nick is the hired help. There is no way he should be getting involved with Reverie. Should he? But come on girls, we all love a tale of forbidden love and luckily Monica is no spoil sport! Nick and Reverie were infatuated with each other, it was impossible for them to ignore their feelings so they begin a secret relationship. 

"Why does it matter? Why do I matter? Yeah, there's an attraction between us. I feel it. 
She must feel it too. For whatever stupid reason I want to pursue it, pursue her though 
I know this is going to end in disaster. So what is it with me and this girl?" 

I loved Nick and Reverie together. At the beginning of their relationship they were so nervous around each other. They made my heart melt. As the couple got to know each other, they found themselves falling in love for the first time. It was sweet to watch, their relationship truly beautiful. Nick deserved some happiness in his life and Reverie was just the girl to heal his broken heart. 

I'm in love. Totally and completely in love with Nicholas Fairfield. I know it must be love 
because no one makes me feel like he does. He looks at me and my stomach flutters. 
He touches me and my skin burns. And when he kisses me...I want to melt. 

Reverie was determined that no one would come between their love. I adored this new feisty side that emerged from her. She felt so strongly for Nick that there was no way that she was giving him up. She was going to cling on to that boy and never let go.

"I love you, Nick. And I'm willing to fight for you. No matter what." 

Despite this Nick knew that it wasn't going to be that easy. There were so many obstacles in their path and life had never been a fairytale for him. He had enough experience to know that. Unlike Reverie, Nick had lived in the real world and knew the nastiness that it could bring. 

I'm toxic. Bad luck. No good. Just like I told her, time and time again.

As much as I loved Reverie and Nick together, I knew deep down that it was too good to last. Something bad was going to happen and that something was getting closer and closer and then the end happened!! OMG!!! It was torture, my heart was breaking all over again for this couple. Thank goodness the sequel is out in August!! 

"His Reverie" was brilliantly written. First of all I just adored the prologue. It pulled me in immediately and I just knew this story was going to pull at my heart strings. The story itself was told from both Reverie and Nick's perspective, chapter by chapter but when it was Reverie's point of view it was written as though it was her diary entry, which I Loved. I felt like I really got to know the characters well and I knew how each of them felt throughout the story. 

This was yet another beautiful story by Monica Murphy that I would truly recommend. 

"His Reverie" get 4.5 beautifully broken hearts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment