Tuesday 22 July 2014

Review: Emma Chase's "Tamed (Tangled #3)."

4 Hearts Review: Emma Chase's "Tamed (Tangled #3)."

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/1jSba6X
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1nOApCp

Synopsis:

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.

It’s how we got there.

TAMED goes back in time to the Tangled days. But this time around, it’s not Drew dishing out the advice and opinions—it’s his best friend Matthew, who of course is dealing with Dee Dee.

Review: Kirsty Lander

I loved this book. It's been a while since I read Tangled, so although I was familiar with the main characters of this book, Matthew and Dee, I didn't remember them enough for this book to feel repetitive. It all felt new and exciting. 

"A story about a player, who meets a slightly crazy girl."

Fans of the series will remember Drew and his hysterical sense of humour, and I'm thinking many will be expecting sort of the same from Matthew (I know I was), so I am pleased to tell you that you won't be disappointed with his character. I still put Drew as my #1 out of the two, but Matthew really wasn't far behind. He was funny, charming, witty, all the same things as Drew, just a little.. less. Which was fine. His character was still just as enjoyable to read.

As for Dee, I think I actually liked her more than I did Kate, from Tangled. There was just something special and interesting about her. There was such a massive transformation from the Dee at the beginning of the book to the Dee at the end and I loved it. Dee is the type of woman to be cautious when it comes to men, she has been hurt too many times. So, when feelings started to emerge for Matthew she just didn't know how to deal with them. Usually, when this happens in a book and the chick starts acting stupid, it irritates me, but here it was all understandable and fitted in perfectly to the story. I never got bored of Dee and her insecurities.

"Shoot for the moon and you still end up amongst the stars."

I don't think Emma Chase can go wrong with this series. When you have such an amazing first book, it can usually be pretty difficult to follow that up with equally great books. Admittedly, I haven't loved any of the books as much as the first, but each of them has been enjoyable. I'll be looking forward to the next instalment.

I rated "Tamed" 4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment