Tuesday 27 May 2014

Review: Whitney G's "Reasonable Doubt Volume 2."

4.5 Hearts Review: Whitney G's "Reasonable Doubt (Volume 2)."

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1qOnok0
Amazon UK:  http://amzn.to/1o5O4rT


Synopsis:

She lied to me... 

She betrayed the one rule that I'm most adamant about: Honesty. Complete and utter fucking honesty. 

I really wish she was someone else—someone who didn't have the ability to make me feel, someone I could easily discard like the hundreds of women before her. 

She isn't. 

I'm drawn to her like I've never been drawn to a woman before—completely captivated by the very sight of her. But unfortunately, with my past slowly re-surfacing for all of the world to see, I'll have to find a way to let her go. 
She can never be mine.

Review: Surj 

Another explosive book in the "Reasonable Doubt" series and I absolutely loved it. Yes it was a little on the short side but for me, it didn't matter because holy smokes, the content made for compulsive reading. Page after page of twists and turns kept me glued to my seat and as Andrew's life slowly started to unravel, I was a nervous wreck. The big question in my mind was... had Andrew always been a cold hearted bastard or had someone or something made him that way?

"Did you know that when most people go to prison, they get care packages, 
money orders, even a phone call on their first day? I got divorce papers."

"I told you I'd write."

Well, whatever it was, he continued to take no prisoners, continued to be a ruthless asshole and continued on his quest to ... just fuck... no emotions, no ties, no commitment and definitely no relationship. So why oh why was he failing so miserably? 

I've had the same one booked for the past four nights with four different women, 
but I've been unable to fuck any of them because I can't seem to stop thinking 
about my incompetent-ass-intern and how I only want to fuck her!"

Because there was only one woman he wanted to be inside of and that woman was Aubrey. Unfortunately he'd well and truly pissed her off with the revelation that came at the end of book #1. It was clearly evident that Aubrey had gotten under his skin and into his head but it remained to be seen whether he would start breaking his own rules just to have her!!! Was Andrew Hamilton going soft on me??? Whitney G teased me with very small glimpses of another side to this man... a softer, more vulnerable side maybe?... but as quickly as those brief moments came, they were gone again and I was left swooning over a heartless pig!!!! 

"You won't be coming back here again."
"Why not?"
"Because I need to start fucking someone else." 

What is it about women going weak at the knees for anti heroes? Is it the challenge to fix them? Tame them? Turn them into love sick puppies? God only knows but I have well and truly joined the "\Andrew Hamilton Appreciation Society." 

Aubrey's character continued to be a strong, confident, kick ass heroine and I loved her fiery temperament. She wasn't a door mat and that meant Andrew Hamilton didn't always get what Andrew Hamilton wanted!!! 

"Fuck you. FUCK. YOU. This is the last time you pull this hot and cold shit on me. "

Unfortunately, the one thing Aubrey couldn't resist was Andrew's  filthy mouth and his amazing skills when it came to giving her the big O!!! And so we got a hell of a lot of very dirty, very hot sex scenes ... that I just loved (blushes a very bright shade of red!!!). But I have a sneaking suspicion that Aubrey has some secrets of her own. I could be wrong but it was just a couple of things that came to light as I read this book that made my mind go into overdrive. 

All in all, a brilliant, well written, addictive second book in the "Reasonable Doubt Series" which (unfortunately) ended with another cliffy!!!! Yup it was another "WTF" moment!!!  With only one more novella to go in this series, I honestly don't know how the author is going to be able to conclude this story in so few pages, especially with so many unanswered questions. But I have faith she'll do it perfectly... after all, the first two books have been just amazing. 

I rated "Reasonable Doubt Volume 2" 4.5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment