Wednesday 28 May 2014

Review: E.K Blair's "Bang (The Black Lotus Series # 1)."

5 Hearts Review: E.K Blair's "Bang (The Black Lotus Series # 1)."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1qOjUxQ
Amazn.com:    http://amzn.to/1t8zulG

Genre: Dark Suspense, Thriller, Romance

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**

Synopsis:

They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. But I’m not innocent. I haven’t been for a very long time. 

My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams. Gone. Vanished. I never even had a choice. I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. 

Until now. 

I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart. 


Review: Surj Harvey

I get it... I finally get it... I get what all the fuss was about and OMG.... I'm speechless.... words cannot convey how I feel and I can't even begin to describe the whirlwind of emotions that are coursing through me right now. I'm a bag of nerves and my heart is beating so fiercely, it feels like it's ready to explode. What the hell was that? Did I read that right? And the last 15%...WTF!!!! I feel like I've been well and truly chewed up and spat out and I'm now at a loss as to what I should do!!!! HELP?!?!

“Fairytale is nothing but a fancy word for a lie used to deceive little kids. 
A false perception of reality used to give them hope in a hopeless world.” 

So what is it about this "Bang" that's getting everyone's knickers in a twist I hear you ask? Well, you know that saying "Go big or go home?" E.K Blair went big... as in really big and she wasn't backwards in coming forwards with any of it. She took risk after risk and I think each and every one paid off perfectly, giving me a story line that was crazy ass unique, captivating, engaging, disturbing and completely addictive. The  elaborate plan for revenge coupled with the intricate web of deceit that weaved itself through the pages meant I couldn't read this book fast enough. Questions flooded my mind right from the first chapter and as quickly as I was getting answers, more questions were arising leaving me tearing at the pages. I searched every sentence on every page looking for clues that would help me complete the picture that was unraveling before me but to no avail. And like the genius this author is, it suddenly hit me... she was going to make me wait!!! Grrrr ... was it worth it? Have you read the reviews? Of course it was!!! 

‘The heart is a weapon – a self-inflicting weapon – 
that if not trained properly, can destroy a person.’ 

So let's talk characters... honestly I don't even know where to start. Saying they were unconventional is putting it mildly. In fact I don't think I've ever met so many lead characters in one book that have left me as conflicted as this lot and that's saying something. Each of them had me feeling love, hate, disgust, repulsion and sorrow in equal measure. Again WTF???? 

I know I'm ugly. Uglier than most. I'm tarnished and decrepit, 
but I'll be damned if I ever let him or anyone see the wretched heart that beats inside of me. 

As for the subject matters covered in "Bang".... holy crap... most authors worry about reader response and tongues wagging when they incorporate one taboo subject into a novel.... Nah, not E.K Blair ...this lady's hard as nails because she went all in and threw several into the mix ...each of them fitting seamlessly into what was a dark, twisted mind f**k of a read. Did I question my sanity when I didn't find myself wanting to put the book down... Yes of course I did but f**k if I wasn't greedy for more!!! 


He has no idea I'm the poison in his bones, making my home in his soul. 

So I know this review is somewhat vague and I know I haven't really given much away when it comes to the story line and characters but trust me, this is one experience you'll be glad you went into "blind." The mystery and suspense will almost kill you and your nerves ... well that's a completely different story all together....having some form of alcohol on stand by may help because by the time you finish reading, you're head will be a complete mish mash of everything and nothing and it's at that point you'll know... you've been BANGED!!! 

With the mother of all endings, the mind boggles with what route will the second book will take? The possibilities are endless and I (for one) can't wait. 


Life is cruel. And I'm its bitch. 

All I can advise when it comes to "Bang" is READ IT, READ IT, READ IT!!! I rated it 5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment