Saturday 10 May 2014

Review: Kimberley Knight's "Tattooed Dots."

3 Hearts Review: Kimberley Knight's "Tattooed Dots."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1mGXjwV

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1jF5Kts

Synopsis:

Easton Crawford put his modeling career and good looks before his marriage until it was over. Years later, he is finally learning how to be the father his daughter needed him to be. He’s not looking for a new mom for his daughter—just nightly casual hook-ups. When his best friend, Avery, convinces him that a good way to meet a lot of single women is to go on a single’s cruise, Easton finds more than just a hook-up when he meets a fellow cruiser, Brooke.

Brooke Bradley has taken care of her younger sister, Bailee, for most of their lives. While their mother was enjoying not being a mother, Brooke became the adult in the household at thirteen. She had always taken care of the people in her life, especially her boyfriend, Jared. If it wasn’t for Brooke, Jared wouldn’t know how to function throughout the day.

When Brooke’s best friend, Nicole, gives her a gift of going on a cruise without telling her that it’s a single’s cruise, will Brooke find someone willing to be her constant and finally leave Jared? 

Brooke and Easton learn that people are brought into their lives for many reasons. Over time, they find out what those reasons are. Some are to be a temporary acquaintance while others are there for life. 

Review: Surj Harvey 

Tattooed Dots wasn't a book that pulled me in from the outset. In fact, right up until about 20%, I was wondering whether this singles cruise would ever set sail. There was a lot of back ground information given (some, in my opinion unnecessary) and to be honest I did feel this first part of the book dragged a little. So when I finally got to the juicy bit, I was excited yet a little nervous as to the direction the story would take. The six million dollar question that kept running through my mind was: Would there be cheating? The answer is... it depends on your definition of cheating. Personally, I think the author handled the situation really well and at no point did I feel cross for the way things panned out. 

In terms of the characters... you know that saying... first impressions count... well, I didn't take to either Easton or Brooke initially. Easton was a complete jack ass and not someone that came across as particularly likable. His only redeeming quality was that he wanted what was best for his daughter... but everything else? His behaviour was cringe worthy!!!

She clearly wanted me- I could feel it in her kiss- 
but I could also find another chick if I wanted to. 

As for Brooke... my god was she walking around with blinkers on? Was she so blind she couldn't see what was happening right under her own nose???? Open your eyes woman and stop being a door mat!!! Grrr!!! 

So, what happened when these two crossed paths on the top deck of this cruise liner? You could say, the attraction was instant and I mean that in the literal sense. The connection was made on day one of their holiday and they remained inseparable for the remainder of their trip: partly through choice but partly through their best friends also hooking up.

There was something special about him. 
Something that felt right and like we could be wither good friends or amazing lovers. 

I saw huge changes in both characters very quickly once they'd met. Easton went from cocky playboy only out for one thing to a guy that was completely smitten by this girl. He'd fallen hook, line and sinker for Brooke and wanted her in his life... was it believable? I'm not sure. It just seemed really quick and a little forced. Fine I got that he liked her but he literally threw himself in 110% and that's what surprised me. There wasn't even the remote possibility of him regressing to his old ways. He was a changed man over night!!! 

... my father told me that when I met the one who I was supposed to be with forever,
she would devour my every thought. She would make me smile just by her walking into a room, 
and also make my dick hard at the same time. 

Brooke began to look at her old life with her twat of a boyfriend Jared and started seeing it for what it actually was.. a train wreck (halle- freakin' -lujah). About time missy!!! But she wasn't about to jump into bed with Easton just because she realised some home truths and I respected her for that. This girl had some decisions to make. 

I did wonder though what would happen when the trip came to an end though... which it did 50% in to the story. Would their feelings for one another remain as intense as they had been? What about the obstacles each of them had to face when they went back to reality.. how would that affect their future together... if they had a future together at all!!! The remainder of the pages were filled with twists and turns that brought a little angst but to be honest, because I'd already worked out these curve balls, there was no real shock factor... and I would have liked that.

"Fuck, I've loved you since day one. You didn't hold anything back the first night. 
You flipped my world upside down." 

All in all, this was an OK read. It didn't set my world alight and the characters (as much as they were eventually likable), didn't really make me feel very much. I'm not sure why? I couldn't put my finger on it. Was it the pace of the book? Was it those first impressions? Was it the predictability of the story line? I don't know but I rated "Tattooed Dots" 3 Hearts 


No comments:

Post a Comment