Saturday 11 January 2014

Review: Heidi McLaughlin's "Finding My Forever (The Beaumont Series #3)."

Review: Heidi McLaughlin's "Finding My Forever (The Beaumont Series #3)."

~ 4 Hearts Review ~

Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/1hvY2SA
Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/1lPUAjc

Goodreads:        http://bit.ly/1lPUlog

Synopsis:

Everywhere I look, my friends are settling down - marriage, children, white picket fences; but not me. Marriage isn't in the cards for me. I’m a ladies man. 
A rock star. 

I was born and raised in the industry. 

I love everything about my life, especially the attention from the women that my status brings me. 
Women find me. I don’t chase. I know what they want and they know I’ll deliver. 

But after one look, one touch, one night... 
Now I’m the one doing the chasing. 

I need to find a way to show her that I’m serious, that I can change. 
I need to find a way to show her that I can love her fully, and only her. 
I need to find a way to show her that she’s my forever.

Review: Kirsty Lander:

I really enjoyed this book but I have to be honest and say that it was my least favourite of the whole series. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, Liam and Harrison are hard to beat. 

I'm just going to jump right in with my main complaint. The beginning of the relationship. The book is written in such a way that, in the beginning, we know Jenna and Jimmy have shared some sort of past, but we never actually witnessed it. We are just supposed to believe that this one night stand between the two of them lead to them both having such intense feelings towards the other, but nobody (including the other) know about it. I just didn't buy it. I love the build up to a relationship in my reads, I don't want there to be some secret past one minute and the next the couple are mad about each other. It made me have zero connection to their relationship and I just didn't believe it. 

"I've been thinking about you since that night, Jenna. 
Every day, I see you when I close my eyes. 
You're burnt into my skin and I've been fighting my demons every time I'm near you."

The characters themselves I enjoyed reading about, well mainly Jimmy. Being British I love reading about British characters (really not so common) and Heidi wrote Jimmy perfectly. I could just imagine the type of guy he was and I could connect to him instantly. He's your typical rockstar.. loves to party and settling down just isn't on the cards for him anymore. It was.. once upon a time, but one girl ruined that and now that's the last thing he wants in life. I found it sad to hear of a person like that, but I got Jimmy 100%.

"I'm damaged and broken. I'm a heartless bastard who only wants one thing 
and has no problem getting it."

Jenna, I had a few issues with. I had to understand her to a certain extent because she had been through an awful time in a previous relationship, but her attitude towards her relationship with Jimmy drove me mad at times. She was over the top insecure and it got a little tiring to read about. I almost wanted to shake sense in to her. 

There were also a few overly dramatic scenes thrown in (unnecessarily, IMO) that I got tired of too, sometimes I don't need all that drama, but on the whole this was another book by Heidi that I absolutely loved and can continue to say that The Beaumont Series is one of my favourites. I always look forward to what's next from these guys and she never disappoints. 

"Who knew that finding my forever would be so easy? I just needed my best mate 
to get married so I could hook-up with the bridesmaid. That's me in a nutshell, innit?"

I rated "Finding my Forever" 4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment