Monday 1 April 2013

"Falling Into You" by Jasinda Wilder


Wow, what an emotional roller coaster of a read. I loved this book and the journey it took me on and it was full of surprises which was great. This book kept me gripped from start to finish and I really struggled to put it down.
The book is written quite differently to a lot of other books I’ve read in that it doesn’t start with broken individuals. In fact a good 20% of it starts off with two best friends who have shared so many first in their lives...learnt to ride bikes together, learnt to swim together, learnt to drive cars together and now they are learning to fall in love together:
“And now we’re learning to fall in love together. I don’t care what anyone else says. I love you. I’ll always love you, no matter what happens with us in the future. I love you now and forever”.
It’s lovely watching this relationship develop with all the highs and also the lows of young love but unfortunately as the blurb says, this wasn’t meant to be and Kyle is tragically killed. My heart broke into a million pieces for both of them but especially for Nell. The guilt she holds onto means that her feelings are locked away and she doesn’t grieve... no tears, no heart break.  
Two years later and a chance encounter with Kyle’s older brother Colton leads to an attraction both feel is wrong yet it feels so right. Their relationship develops and is helped by their connection to music:
“I could write a song, and her name would be the music. I could sing, strum the guitar, and her body would be the melody”
The playlist for this book is brilliant, the songs chosen so perfect....Some of the lyrics so very apt.
Both Nell and Colton have pasts, both have ghosts, both are broken but Colton knows he cannot fix Nell. Healing can only come from within:
“I think we’ve both had a fair share of people trying to fix us. It doesn’t work. We can only fix ourselves. Let ourselves heal”.
Although we see progression in the relationship between Nell and Colton, Jasinda never detracts from the fact that their ghosts are still there and sometimes even rearing their ugly heads at times when you just want there to be tranquillity for them both.  This for me made the book realistic and added to my connection with the characters. It’s never all hearts and roses and Jasinda depicted this so very well.
“Falling into you” has been written beautifully. Her style of writing really did take my breath away, full of emotion with everything described so perfectly I could visualise it in my head. This is what I need with a book, a real connection with the characters, to situations, to emotions felt and I got that with this book... whole heartedly.
So what do you get this  book:
·        Falling in love
·        A huge amount of angst
·        Heart break
·        Healing
·        A very very hot hero in Colton (who can be quite bossy in the bedroom...ahem!!!)
·        Sex....and an abundance of it (hey.... It always helps lol)

This book had everything I look for in a good read and had me gripped right to the end. Although the book ended quite quickly, I have heard a rumour that there will be a book 2: “Falling into us” and this has had me jumping for joy. I really want to see how Nell and Colton’s relationship develops and now I’ll  get the chance this summer... Yippeeee!!!!!

How would I rate this book... for me a huge 5 Hearts ... you soooo need to go and read it if you haven’t already.

No comments:

Post a Comment