Saturday 30 March 2013

About Me

As a teenager, I was a book worm...... and a hopeless romantic. Put the two together and my head was either stuck in a Judy Bloom, Sweet Dreams or Sweet Valley High novel. As I got older, it was Danielle Steele or Virginia Andrews. I loved to read and every spare moment I got, I read about people falling in love and living happily ever after. I loved living in that bubble.
As I moved into the world of work, for some reason, reading was put on the back burner. Eighteen years later and I got my own happily ever after when I got married in 2012. With all the hype surrounding the “50 Shades of Grey” I decided to take the books on honeymoon with me and by god, my love for reading was resurrected. I got back from Cuba and was so desperate to continue reading.... reading about love, romance and happily ever afters that since July of last year, I have managed to plough through over 80 contemporary romance novels. Yup, I just can’t seem to put a book down these days.
Unfortunately, my love for books all romantic, angsty and naughty are not shared with my friends so I have a million and one thoughts going on in my head when I finish a book but no one to share them with.... infuriating at times especially when the book has been full of  turmoil, heart break or there is a huge cliff hanger and I have to wait for the next book to come out!!!! Aggghhhh
This blog is about me expending my book energy and putting my thoughts and feelings about novels I have read onto paper and sharing these with like minded people. I truly hope that you find this blog as helpful and as enjoyable as I have found  creating it.
Enjoy my fellow hopeless romantics and if you find a book that you just couldn’t put down, please do let me know so that I can get my nose stuck into it too xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment