Thursday 1 February 2018

Review Tour: L.H. Cosway's "The Cracks Duet"

The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog are pleased to part of the Review Tour for L.H. Cosway's "The Cracks Duet" 

A Crack In Everything (The Cracks Duet #1)
Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/2FxJJvo
Amazon UK:  http://amzn.to/2GBIIny

How The Light Gets In (The Cracks Duet #2)



Synopsis: 

Life used to be simple.

I was a city girl with humble dreams. Then Dylan O’Dea broke into my flat, held me against the wall and told me to stay quiet.
It was like in the movies, where the universe zeros in on a single scene. I looked into his eyes and knew he was going to change me.

For Dylan, the sky was always falling. He showed me how our world is a contradiction of beauty and ugliness. How we choose to ignore the awful and gloss over it with the palatable. How you need just a tiny drop of something unsavoury to create every great scent.

Pretty deep for a pair of teenagers living in a block of council flats in inner city Dublin, right? Probably. But we weren’t typical. We both had our obsessions. Mine was growing things, Dylan’s was scent. He taught me how to use my nose, and I introduced him to the magic of flowers.

I had no idea that one day he’d build an empire from what we started together. But before that, there was love and happiness, tragedy and epic heartbreak…

My name is Evelyn Flynn and I’m going to tell you about the crack in everything.

How the Light Gets In (Cracks Duet #2)

He came back to me 16 minutes and 59 seconds into Beethoven’s Symphony no. 7.

We parted amid tragedy, so it seemed poetic. Dylan O’Dea, my childhood sweetheart, had once meant everything to me. Now we were strangers, and honestly, after eleven years I never thought I’d see him again.

I lived in the world of the average, of getting paid by the hour and budgeting to make ends meet. But Dylan, he lived in the world of wealth and success. He’d achieved the great things I always suspected he would. The dissatisfaction he’d felt as a teenager had obviously been an excellent motivator.

He started a business from scratch, pioneered a brand, and created perfumes adored by women across the globe. I was just one of the people who’d been there before. Now he was living his best life in the after.

And me, well, I’d been in a dark place for a while. Slowly but surely, I was letting the light back in, but there was something missing. I was an unfinished sentence with an ellipsis at the end. And maybe, if I was brave enough to take the chance, Dylan could be my happy ending.



Review: Jo 

I have so much love for this gorgeous tale of first love and second chances. LH Cosway has always delivered such stunning novels and this was another one that was simply impossible to put down. "The Cracks Duet" captured my heart and consumed me from the very first moment I met Dylan and Evelyn. 

"I can only see my dreams clearly when I look through you first." 

Spanning many years, this duet told the story of two adorable characters as they first fell in love as teenagers and continuing on until they were given a second chance as adults. I absolutely loved these two characters. Evelyn was so sweet and lovely and Dylan just stole my heart. He was a bit of a hot headed bad boy, but with an intelligent mind and a heart of gold. I swooned over him as a teenager and swooned again when I met him as an adult. And as for the way he treated Evelyn, wow. This boy was someone special. 

"I knew I'd never love anyone in my life like I loved Dylan O'Dea. 
He would always own my heart. Always." 

The romance between Dylan and Evelyn was so wonderful. I adored watching the development of their relationship and delighted with how perfect they were for one another. They were true soulmates, something that they both realised in later years. Once they found there one true love, it was impossible for them to move on from each other. Their love was unforgettable. 

"This isn't the end for us. I promise. This is just the in-between.
 I'll find you in the after." 

As well as Dylan and Evelyn, I also enjoyed the secondary characters from the story. I loved getting to know each and everyone of Dylan and Evelyn's family and friends. They were a fun bunch of people that added extra warmth to the book. I smiled so much whilst reading this story, especially during those final few chapters. They were an absolute joy to read. 

"It's always only been you. It only ever will be you." 

This book truly contained everything to keep me hooked. Beautiful writing, gorgeous characters, a heartwarming story, a twist that I didn't see coming and the most delicious dreamy romance. I couldn't give this book anything less than ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. It's a book that I would easily recommend reading.




L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books. She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories. L.H. is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency.

Social Media Links:FB: www.facebook.com/LHCosway





No comments:

Post a Comment