Tuesday 26 September 2017

Review: JM Darhower's "Ghosted."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/2ywxYCO
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/2w9Z3dh

Synopsis:

He's a troubled young actor, Hollywood's newest heartthrob, struggling with fame as the star of the latest superhero franchise. Through scandal after scandal, addiction on top of addiction, a flurry of paparazzi hunt him as he fights to conquer his demons.

She's a single mother, assistant manager at a grocery store, existing in monotony with her five-year-old daughter. Every day when she goes to work, lurid tabloids surround her, the face of a notorious bad boy haunting her from their covers.

A man and a woman, living vastly different lives, but that wasn't always the case. Once, they were just a boy and a girl who bonded over comic books and fell in love unexpectedly.

When Kennedy Garfield met Jonathan Cunningham back in high school, she knew he had all the makings of a tragic hero. With stars in his eyes, and her heart on her sleeve, the pair ran away together to follow their dreams.

But dreams, sometimes, turn into nightmares.

Now, years later, the only thing they share is a daughter—one who has no idea her father plays her favorite superhero. But Jonathan is desperate to make amends, and at the top of his list is the woman who gave up everything for him and the little girl he hasn't yet met. 

Review: Surj

.... The world isn't always kind to good people.
Sometimes it eats them alive.  

I've been on such a fantastic run of second chance romances lately and each of them has been so different and luckily so so good and I'm glad to say that I can now JM Darhower's "Ghosted" to that list. Wow, so much about this book made it a five hearts read for me and I can see why so many people loved it. Jonathan and Kennedy's story was one I refused to put down. It was a page turner of the best kind and in one breath I wanted to get to the end to see how it all worked out but in the next breath, I didn't want the story to end. To say I was glued to the pages would be an understatement and why wouldn't I be? I love second chance romances. Add to that a girl next door trying to make ends meet, a Hollywood bad boy baby daddy, villains, super heroes, a cantankerous old inn keeper with a dry sense of humour and the cutest, most adorable chatterbox of a little girl called "Maddy" and this was romance at its best. 

“Match made in heaven.” 
“Or hell. Depends on who you ask.” 
“You,” he says. “I’m asking you.” 
“I’d say a bit of both, then. We were fire and gasoline. 
We burned hot for a long time.”

I loved the unique way this story was told, particularly the past. Those years gone by told a story of hopes, dreams and a promise of a bright future where love was all that mattered and where love was enough... Until it wasn't. The present was full of vulnerability and struggle, chance but hesitation, reluctance and fear and once you read this book, you'll get why. This book really was filled loaded with angst and heart ache but at the same time, there was this sense of hope that the author had her readers feeling. I rooted for this couple and their second chance at love because despite everything that had happened in that time Inbetween, the one thing that remained a constant was their love. It had to work. Plus there was Maddy who was just smitten by Jonathan and omg, did he make my heart do funny things when he was being dad. 

Despite the angst, there was also some fabulous humour. Mrs McKleski and me in stitches and some of the words that came out of little Maddy's mouth left me with just the biggest grin. 

"Fine but go put some clothes on," she says. "This is an inn Mr Cunningham,
not Chippendales. I won't have you at my breakfast table looking like a gigolo."

"Ghosted" is a book I would whole heartedly recommend. The writing was exemplary, this author ensuring her readers wholeheartedly not only connected with the story line but equally fell in love with the characters, feeling every emotion each of them went through and then some. There's a reason Jonathan and Kennedys story is getting so many 5 star reviews. It really is a must and of course gets another ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

“But I just need to tell you… I need you to know… 
that even when I was completely fucked up, 
I never once stopped loving you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment