Wednesday 27 September 2017

Review: JA Huss's "Mr Perfect (Mister # 1)."

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/2yvgzdD
Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/2xWCaOX

Synopsis:

Wanting the perfect man doesn’t make me crazy. I just know what I like.

A powerful billionaire in a suit wasn’t even my first choice. McAllister Stonewall was never on my radar, I didn’t even know he existed.

But I do now.

His hands are all over me at work. The heat of his chest pressing against my bare back as he bends me over the desk is the only thing on my mind.

He is my most forbidden desires unleashed. He is my new secret obsession. He is my Mr. Perfect.

Until the moment I realize… There’s no such thing as perfect.

Review: Surj

Having just finished JA Huss's "Five," I couldn't wait to jump into the "Mister" series. I know I know, my bad that I haven't experienced these five men yet but better late then never right? And of course first on my list was "Mr Perfect." Oh Julie you killed me because Mr "Alexander Stonewall aka Mac aka Mr Perfect" was as far from perfect as you could get. Surely this wasn't another Vaughn Asher from the "Social Media" series? Oh god, it was. 


“I have been perplexed by men before. Hell, I’m probably perplexed by most men. 
But this particular man has my jaw hanging open . 
How can he be so damn hot and so damn despicable at the same time?”


I started reading Ellie and Mac's story and it started off brilliantly, in fact it was just so so funny my cheeks were hurting from the grin on my face. So much of what unraveled within the first few chapters was comedy genius and I just couldn't stop laughing at everything that was happening. I was loving this light hearted side to JA Huss's writing but then I saw a side to Mac and my heart sank. I didn't like Mr Perfect. 

Mac was such an arrogant asshole alpha bossy pants who came across as such a manipulative jerk. It appeared he had the perfect life and didn't want for anything. Unfortunately he didn't have the personality and I knew he would have to work his ass off if he was going to get even an ounce of my affections. 

"I gave you a promotion this morning, Miss. Hatcher."
"To what? Stairwell dick-sucker?"

Now Ellie I absolutely loved. She was a dreamer and I loved that she had hopes, dreams and aspirations. Her Pinterest boards were something I could see myself creating. I wouldn't have said she was delusional at all so when Mac called her that I wanted to kick him in the nuts. I have to admit the way Ellie and Mac crossed paths was so side splittingly hilarious and I could actually visualise that whole scene playing out in my mind which made me cry with laughter even more. 

The couple's relationship was hot, like so freaking hot and I'll never look at butter the same way again. Mac really made Ellie step out of her comfort zone in so many ways but I was starting to wonder if there would ever be anything more than that between the couple. 

“Yeah,” I moan, squeezing both her breasts as I continue to kiss her. 
“You like it rough, don’t you, Miss Hatcher?”
“I don’t,” she says. “I don’t usually.”

As much as Mr Perfect drove me crazy, he did redeem himself in the most perfect of ways and Mr Perfect's story ended up being so much more than just a hilarious forbidden office romance. 

The twists that came to light really opened my eyes to how these five "Mr's" are all linked and I'm so glad I read "Five" first because a picture of what's to come is starting to form in my mind.

Roll on to the next book in the series. "Mr Romantic" I'm coming for you. 

Mac and Ellie's story getting ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sizzling hearts from me. 

“I want a perfect life, I guess.” 
“And yet I am not the perfect man.” 
“Nope,” she says. “It appears not.” 
I might have a little panic attack at her admission. Is she having second thoughts? 
“But I don’t think you need two perfect people to have the perfect life.”


No comments:

Post a Comment