Friday 4 November 2016

Review: Kandi Steiner's "A Love Letter to Whiskey."

The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog are pleased to share their review of Kandi Steiner's "A Love Letter to Whiskey."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/2fh0Cyl
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/2f5XS6J

Synopsis:

It’s crazy how fast the buzz comes back after you’ve been sober for so long.

Whiskey stood there, on my doorstep, just like he had one year before. Except this time, there was no rain, no anger, no wedding invitation — it was just us.

It was just him — the old friend, the easy smile, the twisted solace wrapped in a glittering bottle.

It was just me — the alcoholic, pretending like I didn’t want to taste him, realizing too quickly that months of being clean didn’t make me crave him any less.

But we can’t start here.

No, to tell this story right, we need to go back. 

Back to the beginning.

Back to the very first drop.

This is my love letter to Whiskey. I only hope he reads it. 

Review: Kirsty

Wow. Wow. WOW! This book was SO freaking good.

I am struggling to put in to words how much I loved this book. I've just spent the last two hours finishing it. Reading it nonstop because there was no way on this earth I was putting it down. The angst was off the damn charts. My heart still hasn't stopped racing. 

"But sometimes, even when we know something is bad for us, 
we do it anyway.. Maybe for the thrill, maybe to cure our curiosity, 
or maybe just to lie to ourselves a little longer."

I had no idea what to expect from this book. Honestly, my hopes weren't that high but I wanted to give it a try anyway. I couldn't have been more blown away! The books storyline is something I'd normally shy away from because it irritates me, but I was hooked. 

A Love Letter to Whiskey centres around the life of B and Jamie. And by life I literally means 10 to 15 years of it. Meeting as teens, these two have the craziest, most insane life together.. and apart. I loved them from the first page, and was rooting for them for the entire duration of the book. I really can't go in to too many details because this is one of those books where you just have to find it all out for yourselves, but suffice to say, this book has it all. Ups, downs, emotions, angst... everything. I was on the edge of my seat, reading at lightning speed, because I had to find out what happened next.. and fast. 
At times I wanted to throttle the characters, bang their heads together, or just lock them in a room until they sorted their shit, but what kind of story would that be? Ultimately, everything they went through, that made me want to tear my hair out, absolutely made this book.

"I think sometimes life is about embracing what hurts, 
because pain is one of the most vivid emotions we can feel. 
Pain reminds us that we are alive, and I'll always appreciate that stinging reminder."

I've never read a book by this author before but I thought her writing was incredible. I fell in love with the characters as soon as I started reading the book, and I fell in love with their story just the same. This is a book that will easily make it to the top of my favourites list and I can't recommend it enough!

"It seemed I was trying to let go of Whiskey and he was trying to hold on to me."

I rated "A Love Letter to Whiskey" ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment