Wednesday 23 September 2015

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hardpressed (Hacker #2)."

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hardpressed (Hacker #2)."


Synopsis:

In HARDPRESSED, the highly anticipated second book of the Hacker Series that began with Hardwired, Blake and Erica face threats that put both their love and their lives on the line.

Despite Blake Landon's controlling ways, the young and wealthy hacker finally won the trust of the woman he loves. Internet entrepreneur Erica Hathaway broke down the walls that kept her from opening her heart and her business to Blake.

Ready to start this new chapter in her life, Erica is determined not to let anything come between them, even if that means giving Blake back some of the control he craves in and out of the bedroom.

But when demons from her past threaten their future, Erica makes a decision that could change their lives forever. 

Review-Jo 

Following the way that "Hardwired" had ended, I couldn't wait to dive straight into this book. I was desperate to know what was in store next for Erica and Blake. I loved the first book in this couple's story so I had hopes that my love for the series would continue with "Hardpressed" and I was not disappointed. This was another brilliant instalment that had me hooked every step of the way. 

As mush as I hated to admit it, Blake Landon was fast becoming everything to me. 

Just like the first book, Erica and Blake's relationship was as bumpy as ever. There were so many ups and downs and twists and turns and so much going on that poor Erica never stood a chance to even catch her breath. The story progressed with a huge amount of intrigue and suspense. I was so confused with what was happening and who to trust as Erica's world was once again turned upside down. 

Things between us were changing again and everything felt out of my control.

I adored Blake as soon as I met him and my love for him grew even stronger with this book. Out of all of the people that were involved in Erica's life, he was perhaps the only one that I completely trusted. I was so sure that he was on Erica's side. It was just a shame that Erika still had doubts towards him. I was once again unsure of my feelings for Erica. I loved the moments when she truly allowed herself to be loved by Blake, but I was then left frustrated and saddened to see that she continued to shut him out and push him away. Some scenes between the pair had me wanting to tear my hair out. They drove me crazy! Lol. 

He'd been there for me the way no one ever had. 
He deserved answers as much as I didn't want to give them.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and although there was no nasty cliffhanger to finish the story, I am still excited to hop back into Erica and Blake's world. If you are looking for a new series to try that is full of angsty drama and suspense, I would recommend picking this one up. 

My love for Blake had changed, becoming a dark and bittersweet memory 
forever imprinted on my past. My greatest love had become my greatest loss.

"Hardpressed" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️  from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment