Wednesday 16 September 2015

Review: Ginger Scott's "This is Falling (Falling #1)."

Review: Ginger Scott's "This is Falling (Falling #1)."

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1Nkh4tq
Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1i13U8Y

Synopsis:

First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it. 

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how. 

And then I met Nate Preeter. 

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t. 

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing. 

And then he showed me how to fall. 

*This is a standalone in a three-part series that will focus on different characters. Each book can be read on its own.

Review: Surj

Ginger Scott's "This is Falling" had been sat on my kindle for what seems like forever and as I was browsing for my next read, this one seemed to jump out at me. The synopsis screamed at me to turn the first page, my gut only reinforcing that fact and so I did... turn the first page that is and I'm so glad I did because I thoroughly enjoyed Nate and Rowe's story. It was poignant, heart breaking, swoon worthy, funny and most of all, just breath takingly beautiful. It was one of those books that (despite touching on some serious subject matters) really did have that feel good factor about it. Where I just knew that despite all that the characters had been through, how scarred and  traumatised they may be, the unconditional love and support of family and friends would ensure that they would come out of it on the other side. 

Time stood still …… and my clock never started ticking again.

Rowe was a character who had a past... a past she just couldn't move on from. It was a past that had left her home schooled. It was a past that had left her a social recluse. Whatever it was that she had experienced had left her devastated and I was desperate to know what it was that would leave a young girl with a bright future ahead of her so completely closed off from the world. My heart couldn't help but break for Rowe because despite not knowing, I still felt everything she was going through... every ounce of pain and suffering she experienced on a daily basis doing things that most took for granted and wouldn't think twice about doing. 

Now Nate on the other hand was the complete opposite. He was all for living and experiencing life. Now I don't mean that in the man whore kind of way because he'd tried that and he hadn't particularly enjoyed it but he was definitely embracing the opportunities that had come his way. I couldn't help but fall in love with Nate. From the moment I met him, I knew he was a keeper... one of the good guys and I was hoping and praying that Rowe would let him in, even if it was just as friends... ok that last bit is a lie because I knew a guy like Nate had the potential of helping Rowe turn her life around and I was praying she wouldn't push him away. 

And then it’s there, the smile. The same look she had on her 
face in that picture. It’s joy. And I just gave it to her. 
My god, do I want to give it to her again.

This two were just brilliant together. The pranks they pulled, the cute conversations they had, the beautiful, gentle, tender, sweet way Nate woo'ed Rowe... all of it was just heart meltingly perfect. I was on such a high reading the pages where their relationship progressed from friends to something more and I was giddy with excitement at what the future held because to be honest, it looked damn well near on spectacular. 

Despite the story being a tab bit predictable, especially after the secret was revealed, I still loved this book. It was emotional and heart wrenchingly so at times and I was so attached to the characters and their journey that I couldn't help but feel everything they did. 

“You are the first thing I think about in the morning and 
the last thing I think about at night. You are the face 
in all of my dreams and the smile I see when I close my eyes.”

The secondary characters in Rowe and Nate's story were fab. Cas and Ty and even Paige really added to something special to this book and I cannot wait to read their stories. Having just read the synopsis and the first few chapters for "You and everything After," to say I'm a little surprised is an understatement. This one looks like it might just take me on another emotional roller coaster of a ride... holy moly, I better buckle up because I think I'm in for quite the bumpy ride. 

I rated "This is Falling" ❤️❤️❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment