Monday 17 June 2019

Review: K.I. Lynn's "Six."


Synopsis: 

I had a one-night stand. It wasn’t my first, but it would be my last. 

A gun to the head. 

A trained killer. 

A deadly conspiracy. 

Kidnapped and on the run, my life and death is in the hands of a sadist captor who happens to be my one-night stand. Armed with countless weapons, money, and new identities, the man I call Six drags me around the world. 

The manhunt is on and Six is the next target. Can we find out who is killing off the Cleaners before they find us? 

Two down, seven to go. 

When it’s all over he’ll finish the job that dropped him into my life, and end it. 

Stockholm Syndrome meets bucket list, and the question of what would you do to live before you died. The questions aren’t always answered in black and white. Gray becomes the norm as my morals are tested. 

Death is a tragedy, and I’ll do anything to stay alive. 

Are you ready for the last ride of your life? Six has a gun to your head—what would you do? 

This isn’t a love story. 

It’s a death story. 

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**

Review: Jo 

Wow! What an explosive and unpredictable ride this book was. It was nail biting and dangerous, but was also overflowing with passion and heat. When I first started reading “Six”, it didn’t immediately grab me in the way that a story from KI Lynn usually does, however as a lot of my book friends had highly rated it and I have usually loved almost every book that I’ve read from this author, I decided to continue and I was very quickly fully immersed in the story of Six and Lacey.

"Surrounded by people, next to a sociopathic hitman, 
I realized I would rather be standing there with him 
then just about anywhere else."

This novel starts out with a kidnapping and then unfolded into a dark, steamy and exciting read. One which saw me rooting for an anti hero and becoming fully invested in the relationship that was developing between the abductor and his captive. I was gripped by Six and Lacey and what was happening in the pages before me. It was edge of the seat stuff and it kept me turning those pages, trying to work out what would happen next.

"I was nothing but another body in his wake. The latest in a long trail of blood."

Written in entirely Lacey’s POV, it was easy to understand and care for this sassy and sarcastic girl. I loved how courageous she was when faced with so much danger. Lacey made a brilliant heroine. I also couldn’t help but like Six, and I found myself searching for any kind of sign that he was falling for Lacey. There were many moments in the beginning that I would have loved to read the book from his POV, but as the story continued, I was soon discovering more about him and was sure that this tough killer was starting to care for his prisoner. The hopeless romantic in me never gave up hope for Six and Lacey's relationship.

"With a sigh, I relaxed into him, my head on his chest, 
his arm wrapped around my shoulder. 
The safest place I could ever be, wrapped in the arms of my killer." 

“Six” was a sexy, dark and suspenseful romance that was well worth the read. If you love dark reads, this novel is for you. It gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment