Thursday 13 June 2019

Review: Abby Jimenez's "The Friend Zone."


Synopsis: 

Kristen Petersen doesn't do drama, will fight to the death for her friends, and has no room in her life for guys who just don't get her. She's also keeping a big secret: facing a medically necessary procedure that will make it impossible for her to have children.

Planning her best friend's wedding is bittersweet for Kristen—especially when she meets the best man, Josh Copeland. He's funny, sexy, never offended by her mile-wide streak of sarcasm, and always one chicken enchilada ahead of her hangry. Even her dog, Stuntman Mike, adores him. The only catch: Josh wants a big family someday. Kristen knows he'd be better off with someone else, but as their attraction grows, it's harder and harder to keep him at arm's length.

The Friend Zone will have you laughing one moment and grabbing for tissues the next as it tackles the realities of infertility and loss with wit, heart, and a lot of sass. 

Review: Jo 

What a gem of a book this was. "The Friend Zone" really was packed with so many things that I love in a good romance novel. It made me smile, giggle, swoon, broke my heart a little bit, and also made me shed a few tears. I’m so glad that I gave this debut author a chance and I cannot wait to read more of her books in the future. 

"He put his face into my neck and held me so tightly I couldn't breathe. 
But I didn't want to breathe. I wanted to be his prisoner. 
I wanted to never escape." 

This story was all about Josh and Kristen. I loved Kristin...most of the time. She was funny and feisty, strong and independent. I enjoyed getting to know her and her little dog, Stuntman Mike. My heart went out to her many times for the situation she was in, but I also became a little bit frustrated with her actions towards Josh, who I just felt sorry for. Josh was so lovely. Everything about him was perfection. Who wouldn’t want a hot, sexy firefighter, who was also extremely dreamy and always treated Kristen with so much love? 

"I want you no matter what. I want you first before anything else.
 I have no chance of happiness if I can't have you." 

I loved Abby's style of writing and appreciated that the chapters were written from both POV’s. It made me happy and hopeful to discover what Josh and Kristen were truly feeling about each other. I was also pleasantly surprised to find the issues that involved Kristen were written so accurately and sensitively. I have had friends that have had to deal with similar conditions and it was good to read about true, real life scenarios that were written so well. 

"I'll orbit around you and be your universe, because you've always been my sun."

I really can’t recommend this book enough. If you are looking for a book that will give you all the feels, pick this one up. It was an absolute delight to read.

“The Friends Zone” gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment