Thursday 16 May 2019

Jo Watson's "Love You, Love You Not."


Synopsis: 

There's a fine line between love and hate...

Poppy Peterson is about to be evicted if she doesn't pay her rent. She used to be an actress on a telenovela until her character, Ramona Gonzalez, Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO, was killed off. Unfortunately, dead characters can't pay the bills.

Ryan Stark is a tough boss - especially if you're his assistant. He's been through five in the last two months and now no one wants to work for him. He needs an assistant who can meet his demands. And he can be very demanding.

Poppy's been an assistant before - well, on screen anyway. It can't be that hard to do in real life, right?

Two things are for sure. Poppy is about to play the role of a lifetime. And Ryan is about to learn a whole new lesson about what's really important in life.

Review: Jo 

Since first discovering Jo Watson early last year, I have been devouring all of her books and have almost read everything that she has written to date. So when I found out about this new release, I was itching to get my hands on a copy. Yet again, Jo has delivered another brilliant read that gave me so much enjoyment to read. I wasn’t disappointed with this new romantic comedy.

"....the second our lips touched, something happened. 
Everything happened. Everything around us dissolved. It blurred. 
And like condensation slipping down the edge of a glass, we melted." 

Jo always creates fantastic and entertaining heroines and this book was no exception. Poppy was the craziest female character I’ve probably ever met. Think Bridget Jones and quadruple the hilarious calamities. When I first met Poppy, I thought she was a little bit over the top. I just couldn’t believe how loopy she was. Chaos followed her wherever she went and probably just like Ryan, I found myself rolling my eyes and thinking what an earth was she doing now. However, again just like Ryan, as time went on, I really started to like her and began to chuckle at all the things she got up to. Ryan was also a character that I changed my mind about. At first meeting, he was a grumpy and stuffy CEO, but I was soon finding that there was much more to him, and I loved what I was seeing. By the time I had reached the final few chapters, he was definitely stealing my heart with his swoony actions and words.

"I feel awake when I'm with you, Poppy. 
You woke me up when I didn't know I was sleeping."

Poppy and Ryan’s story was a slow burn romance with a heap of laugh out loud moments and an ending that melted my heart. If you have yet to read a book from Jo Watson, I highly recommend picking up one as soon as you can. 

"Somewhere along the way I'd fallen in love with this man. 
And now, I felt like I had finally come home. I had a place I belonged. 
And that place was with him..."

“Love You, Love You Not” gets 4.5 ❤️’s from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment