Tuesday 27 March 2018

Review: Elizabeth Hayley's "Misadventures with My Roommate."


Synopsis: 

Blake Monroe hasn’t had the easiest life, but she’s never been one to dwell on her misfortunes, preferring to see the world as a place where you get what you give.

Having had an especially troubling childhood, Blake’s aware she doesn’t exactly fit the definition of “normal.” Her lack of filter, dry sense of humor, and uncanny ability to read people make her rather unique—and difficult to live with. When her latest roommate has had enough of her antics, Blake decides living with a man might suit her better.

Gavin Gibson’s a dreamer whose artsy aspirations don’t meet the high expectations of his wealthy family. Cast off and cut off, Gavin needs a place to live. When he’s invited to share Blake’s quaint apartment, he cannot pass it up. With a knack for spotting the good in others, Gavin can see past Blake’s quirks—and neither of them can ignore their sexual chemistry.

As sparks fly, their genuine affection for each other grows, and Gavin begins to break down Blake’s defenses. But can Blake open up to reveal the damage she’s worked so hard to conceal?

Review: Jo 

This was yet another fantastic addition to the "Misadventures" series. As soon as I started reading, I knew this was going to be a book that I would love and I was right. Blake and Gavin's romance made my heart burst at the seams. If you are looking for a gorgeous standalone romance, this is well worth one-clicking. 

"Having a male roommate was literally the best decision of my entire life."

"Misadventures with My Roommate" was an easy to read, laugh out loud, beautiful story of love, but with a serious side that broke my heart. Throughout the majority of this story, I had a big beaming smile on my face with plenty of swoons thrown in as I fell in love with both Blake and Gavin. This pair were just so entertaining, especially Blake. She was quirky with the best sense of humour. I adored the banter that she shared with Gavin. Blake made the perfect heroine and I loved how much of an impression Gavin made in her life. He was a true hero, completely changing the game for her. It was an absolute joy to watch this pairs relationship develop into something so wonderful. 

"You're too good for me. You know that, right?"
"I think we are good together. Perfect even."

This book had so many good things going for it, fabulous writing, brilliant character development,  a lovable hero and heroine, and of course a swoon-worthy romance. The only thing that I missed was an epilogue. This is easily one of my favourites out of the series. 

"..in that moment with Blake, 
he was confident he was exactly where he was supposed to be,
doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing - 
loving this girl, his girl, with every fiber of his being. "

Elizabeth Hayley are new author's to me, but I enjoyed their style of writing and can't wait to read more of their work. I love that this series has opened up so many new authors to me. It's a series that I highly recommend reading. I'm excited to read more. 

"Misadventures with My Roommate" gets 4.5 ❤️'s from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment