Thursday 29 March 2018

Review: Claire Contreras's "The Player."


Synopsis: 

I'm naturally gifted on the field and between the sheets. With flashy cars and enough media attention to put the Royal Family to shame, I’m the definition of Most Eligible Bachelor. 

I've never met a man who doesn't want to be me or a woman who doesn't want to tame me. Until I meet Camila. 

From the moment I lay eyes on her, I know I have to have her.

She wants to keep me at arm's length.
I want her naked in my bed.

She thinks our worlds are too different.
All I want her to think about is screaming my name.

She says I’m bad news.

I have three weeks to prove her wrong

Review: Jo 

This was my first book from Claire Contreras and now I'm wondering why I hadn't read any of her books sooner, because I freakin' loved "The Player." Warren and Camilla's story consumed me from the very beginning. Their romance contained everything that I love from a sports romance. This was my favourite book from this genre that I have read in a long while. 

"I don't deserve you, but I can't let you go." 

I absolutely loved the two main characters in this book. The gorgeous football player, Warren and his beautiful heroine, Camilla. What unfolded was a story that I absolutely adored. I loved the way in which this couple's relationship developed and was so happy with how everything played out. Warren and Camilla had so much chemistry between them, and I just loved how well they got along. They seemed to form a connection so quickly and I couldn't wait to see how good Camilla and Warren were for one another. I loved every single second of their wonderful romance. It made me smile, laugh and swoon. It was also a book was filled with heat and contained a plot twist that stole my breath. This author truly surprised me with the curve ball that she threw in. I loved that she was able to do that. 

"I felt him between every beat of my heart, marking me, taking me,
 the emotion in his eyes giving me answers I didn't dare ask questions to." 

The writing in this book was brilliant, told from both main characters POV, giving me the chance to know what each character truly felt. As you can see there wasn't anything that I didn't love about this book and it's one that I wholeheartedly recommend reading, especially if you love sports romance. I can't wait to read more from this author.

"You are my life, Camilla. You. I love football. I love my fans. 
I love running down that field every day, 
but none of it means anything if I can't enjoy it with you. 
And there's nothing I love more than you." 

The Player gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment