Thursday 16 November 2017

Review: Whitney G's "Thirty Day Boyfriend."


Synopsis: 

I should've never agreed to this arrangement...

Thirty days ago, my boss—Mr. Wolf of Wall Street, came to me with an offer I couldn’t refuse: Sign my name on the dotted line and pretend to be his fiancée for one month. If I agreed, he would let me out of my employment contract with a “very generous” severance package.

The rules were pretty simple: No intimate kissing, no actual sex. Just pretend to love each other for the press, even though I’ve secretly wanted to knock that sexy smirk off his face since the first day we met. 


I definitely didn’t need to think twice about this. I signed my name and started counting down the seconds to when I would never have to deal with his special brand of ass-holery again. 

I only made it to one minute...

We argued the entire four-hour flight to his hometown, failed to make a convincing impression with the welcoming press, and right when I was about to knock that arrogant look off his face in real life? He purposely dropped his bath towel in front of me, distracting me with his nine-inch cock to "show me who the bigger person was" in our relationship. Then he gave me his trademark smirk once again and asked if I wanted to consummate our marriage.

Tragically, this is only day one. 
We still have 29 more days to go...

Review: Jo 

I loved this book so much! "Thirty Day Boyfriend" was a quick steamy read that contained a gorgeous hero and a sassy heroine. I was hooked from the word go! 

".....the only person I wanted to fuck was her, 
but I knew better than to cross that line." 

I really do love office romances and this one did not disappoint. Sexy but moody Nicholas A. Wolf came up with a proposition that his assistant, Emily just couldn't refuse. Thirty days acting has boyfriend and girlfriend rather than just work colleagues. Is was pretty obvious to me what would happen next for the couple, but this didn't take the enjoyment out of it whatsoever. I loved watching Nicholas and Emily develop from a couple that seemed to hate each other to a red hot pair that were itching to get into bed together. 

"His lips owned mine, and there was no sense in me trying to fight it."

The chemistry between Nicholas and Emily just flew off the page and I couldn't wait for things to step up a gear. They made a great couple and I found myself chuckling out loud at some parts and had a big goofy smile on my face in others. They were a couple that I loved and could easily have read more from their story.

"I didn’t want to talk to anyone else. She was all I needed.”

This brings me to the only downside to the book. It was over all too quickly for me, reading it in under 2 hours. The story actually ended at ninety-four percent with the remainder of the book being filled with an excerpt from another novel. I was a little disappointed at this, however I still enjoyed Nicholas and Emily's story and you never know, another book featuring them may be up next. 

"Thirty Day Boyfriend" gets 4.5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment