Monday 25 September 2017

Review: JA Huss's "Five (Mister # 0.5)."


Synopsis:

Fifty million books ago I promised you a love story about Five and his Princess. 
This is their story. 

Five Aston has known Rory Shrike for as long as he can remember. He played with her in the sandbox. He went to every damn horse show just to be supportive. He helped her with her French, walked her home from school, and faked his test scores just to stay with her a little longer and not be sent off to college early. 
But eventually he had to move on. 
And so did she. 
Never has a second chance meant so much to a boy who loves a girl. 

A standalone book that is also a spin-off of the Rook & Ronin Series and prequel to the Mister Series. You can read it first, you can read it last. It doesn't really matter because it's f*cking Five.

Review: Surj 

F**king Five ...... f**king brilliant!!!! Wow, wow, wow. This book really was something special! Rutherford Aston V and Aurora Shrike: it was fate. It was destiny. It was meant to be. It was written in the goddamn stars from the day they were born that they would be together. And from the moment six year old Five took Rory's hand and told her mother " I'll take it from here," he would spend the rest of his life doing everything in his power to protect his princess, even if that meant walking away and breaking her heart. 

I don't want to be his princess. I want to be his queen. 

The second this book landed on my kindle on release day, the rest of the world ceased to exist as I lost myself in Five and Rory's story. I'm not sure what I was expecting, a straight forward second chance romance maybe? Hah! No chance. I should have known better. I mean they are the offspring of Ford and Spencer after all and look at all the mischief, mayhem, trouble and strife that surrounded those guys. You know that saying "The sins of the father are to be laid upon the children?" Was the past about to rear its ugly head again? 

Rory and Five's story was full of all kinds of crazy goodness. Oh the lies, secrets and double crossings. The action and the drama. The heart ache, angst and sadness, all of which was balanced perfectly with a healthy dose of swoon worthy romance, happy dance giddiness and of course sexy times. This book packed a massive punch and I inhaled it within the space of a few hours. I could not put it down. 

We. Are. Partners. In life. In death. For eternity. And you don’t get a say in it, mister. 
Because this is fate. I’ve been yours and you’ve been mine since the beginning of time. 
And it’s gonna stay that way, whether you like it or not.”

I loved Rory and Five. She was such a hot headed firecracker, just like her momma and Five was Ford all over again. He was smart, always in control and sexy as hell. The love between these two was never in question. They loved each other wholly and completely and boy did I feel that love. But when they butted heads, omg the banter was just hilarious. Neither wanted to back down. It was a fight to the end and that was so entertaining to read. 

"Love is not a calculation, Five aston. Love is a leap of faith."

"Five" was like a trip down memory lane. The old haunts, those familiar faces and those connections with other JA Huss series. I will say, I haven't read the "Mister" series so for me, this was a post "Rook & Ronin" read. Did I feel like I'd missed out on anything by not reading the "Mister" series? I don't think so but I've just downloaded "Mr Perfect" so time will tell.

She tastes like the past, the present and the future all at once. 

"Five" was a ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ read. And the bonus... This isn't the end!!!! It can't be the end!!!! There's room for more!!! Woo hoo!!!! Please give us more JA Huss!!! Pretty please ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment