Monday 13 February 2017

Review: Samantha Towle's "Unsuitable."

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/2kOLwWh
Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/2ks1Smw

Synopsis:

Daisy Smith has spent eighteen months of her life paying for a crime she didn’t commit. Now out of prison, she has only one focus—to get back custody of her younger brother, Jesse, who is deep in the foster care system. Desperate to rebuild her life and show the system that she is responsible enough to care for Jesse, she takes on the only job available to her—working as a maid at the Matis Estate.

On day one of her new job, Daisy meets Kastor Matis, the only son of the owners and her new boss. An enigmatic, handsome Greek god of a man, Kas is closed off, cold, and…well, kind of a bastard.

The more time Daisy spends around Kas, she starts to see there might be more to him than just his cold, bastard ways. He may actually have a heart beating in that frozen chest of his.

But Kas has secrets, too. Secrets that he’s determined to keep.

Secrets make Daisy curious.

And you know what curiosity can do…

Review: Surj 

It's been a while since I read a Samantha Towle book but having just finished "Unsuitable," I'm happy to say that spark she ignites with the stories she tells is still there and burning bright. I absolutely loved Kas and Daisy's book and for me, it really did have all the elements I love in a good read. Right from the get go, I was sucked in, the heart ache and angst holding me hostage, ensuring I wouldn't be able to put this book down until I had turned the last page. Then of course there was the addictive story line that was gripping, compelling and so bloody addictive. Of course that was coupled with some fab comedy moments that had me in stitches. Oh and of course there was that explosive ending that really did ensure my heart was in my mouth. But how could I forget the twist... that bloomin' twist that was so unexpected but fitted so seamlessly into the storyline. I could go on and on but I think you get where I'm going with this. "Unsuitable" really was a corker of a read. 

if I could love someone, then it would be you, Daisy. 
A million times over, it would be you.”

The characters in "Unsuitable" were as complex as they come. Both had their own demons, both had a truck load of baggage, some more visible than others. Kas's character drove me crackers. He was hot (oh boy was he hot) but then he was so darn cold. He was dark and moody and so standoffish. Oh and he was so rude!!! but the more I got to know him, the more I softened and warmed to his character and of course I did end up falling for that greek charm. Let's just say he was an asshole with a side order of compassion and kindness that made it impossible to hate him. 

“You’ve made me feel again, Daisy,” he murmurs, surprising me. 
I shift back and stare at his face. His eyes are still closed. Then, 
he lets out a shallow breath. “You’ve made me feel…and I fucking hate that.”

Now Daisy, my heart broke for her because it just felt like she had been dealt such a raw deal. Time after time, hurdle after hurdle, it really did appear that luck just wasn't on her side. Then of course there was Kas and Daisy and well, these two together and Daisy drove me bonkers. I wanted her to be stronger than some of her actions showed her to be and there were times I thought she was a gluten for punishment. But then she was young and pretty unexperienced when it came to men and I had to keep reminding myself that actually, her behaviour was probably a true reflection of just that. what I did love about Daisy was her inner monologue. She was so bloody funny at times and it was always just when I needed it. 

"God, the man can kiss. I could write songs about how well he can kiss. 
But then, that would be weird. And, also, I can't write for shit."

Like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed this read and I can't recommend it enough. The writing was spot on as always, the story line fabulous and the characters, well, they were just a delight. 

This one gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment