Tuesday 6 December 2016

Review: Sylvain Reynard's "The Roman (The Florentine #4)."


Synopsis

Raven and her sister, Cara, are at the mercy of a small detachment of Florentine vampyres, who are delivering them as a peace offering to the feared Curia in Rome. 
Though she s unsure William survived the coup that toppled his principality, Raven is determined to protect her sister at all costs, even if it means challenging Borek, the commander of the detachment. 
In an effort to keep Raven from falling into the hands of his enemies, William puts himself at the mercy of the Roman, the dangerous and mysterious vampyre king of Italy. But the Roman is not what he expects 
Alliances and enmities will shift and merge as William struggles to save the woman he loves and his principality, without plunging the vampyre population into a world war. 
This stunning conclusion to the Florentine series will take readers across Italy and beyond as the lovers fight to remain together. Forever."

Review: Jo 

Sylvain Reynard has ended this bewitching series with a thrilling finale. "The Roman" was a heart stopping, stomach churning and mesmerising conclusion to William and Raven's story. I was gripped throughout every single chapter, biting my nails with my heart in my mouth. As soon as this book landed on my kindle, I squealed with excitement. I couldn't wait to step back into Florence and the paranormal world. This series has been my absolute favourite from this genre. It was jam-packed with all the things that I have come to expect from this author. Romance, passion, excitement and edge of my seat drama. I was addicted every step of the way. 

"You are my choice, my destiny, my blessing and my curse. 
If I were to lose you, my life would be over." 

Throughout this final instalment I was desperately worried for how things would play out for William and Raven as their different worlds threatened to collide. I was so very fearful of the dangers that lay ahead for this beautiful couple. Would both of them survive? What a frightening end to the series this was. I truly forgot to breathe in places, as I was transported around Europe and into the dark underworld. I could not have predicted what was in store for William and Raven and my heart plummeted on several occasions. It seemed as though everyone was out to separate William from his beloved, Raven. 

As always, Sylvain Reynards writing was exquisite, hooking me in with his lyrical use of words. Sylvain turns writing into an art form. His books are truly a work of art that I want to devour again and again. The couple that was created for this amazing series has completely enchanted me from the first time they met. William and Raven made the most beautiful couple with love so powerful that I couldn't imagine it ever coming to an end. Their relationship was simply magical. Sylvain has yet again delivered another wonderful love story that has captured my heart. 

"Love me, William, as you have always loved me. 
And it will be everything." 

If you have been following this series, you will not be disappointed. If you have yet to start it, I wholeheartedly recommend grabbing the series today. 

"The Roman" gets 5 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment