Monday 25 July 2016

Review: Whitney Barbetti's "Into the Tomorrrows (Bleeding Hearts #1)."


Synopsis

I was born in sadness, which was just the beginning of a solemn and desolate life. I'm no stranger to pain—none of us are. The night I held my best friend's hand as she died, I understood true agony. And I never thought I'd feel happiness again.

But that was so long ago...

Moving to Colorado to be with Colin, my high school sweetheart, was the perfect way to start over and rekindle what had begun to fizzle. I wanted that spark to ignite, to burn in passion and desire. Instead, I found myself falling for Jude, my boyfriend's roommate. He’s the only person who understands my soul, who can breach the walls I’ve built. But I can't have him.

Because I'm Trista Kohl, and my destiny is sorrow.

Review: Jo

After loving "Ten Below Zero", I couldn't wait to start this new book. It was an instant one-click for me and I was not left disappointed. "Into the Tomorrows" had me utterly engrossed from the very first word. With intriguing characters and an engaging plot, I am desperate to get my hands on the next book in the series. 

In this series, I met Trista who was a character that wasn't the easiest to love, however I was pulled in by her story and the things that had happened to her as I progressed through the chapters. I soon grew to like her and I was also feeling sorry for the situation that she was in. Trista's life was pretty miserable and I really wanted things to turn around for her. She truly deserved some good in her life. 

"I had been a slave to fear-the fear of being lost. 
And when I let go of the fear, I was no longer lost." 

There were two male characters to get to know in this book and there is a bit of a love triangle element to the story, so if that's not your thing, this one may not be for you. Colin was Trista's long term boyfriend but from the moment I met him, I was suspicious of his actions. I didn't feel any chemistry between Trista and Colin and it was obvious from early on in the story that things were not working out between the pair. I was almost positive that Colin was to blame and he could not be trusted and for that reason, I found it difficult to like him. Jude, however was completely different and he made the entire story a lot more interesting. I loved Jude, he was so caring and thoughtful and once he made an appearance, I found it almost impossible to put my kindle down. I couldn't wait to discover what would happen between the three main players. 

"She was profoundly beautiful and tremendously scary. 
Which is how every worthwhile thing should be." 

Trista and Jude were so good together. From their very first meeting, they just clicked. The couple's relationship was so easy and natural. Jude unlocked a whole new side to Trista, which I loved. I enjoyed everything about Jude and Trista and I was easily gripped by their scenes together. I was so happy that Trista had someone so lovely by her side. It made me excited for the possibilities that lie ahead for Trista in the books that are to follow.

"..Jude had snuck in, under the collapse of my life, 
burrowing into the cracks of what was left behind. 
There was nothing and then there was everything." 


This new series has been given a promising start with this first book and I cannot wait for more. 

"Into the Tomorrow" gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment