Wednesday 6 July 2016

Review: JA Huss's "Come (Dirty, Dark & Deadly Novella)."

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/29K3rp3
Amazon UK:     http://amzn.to/29srpIU

Synopsis:

My name is James Fenici and you will never see me coming. I walk the shadows like darkness itself. I hide in the corners where nobody looks. I live by no rules, I have no boundaries, I take no prisoners, and I never, ever blink. I am not your knight in shining armor; I’m your worst nightmare. 

My name is James Fenici and you are my target. Only one of us is getting out alive, and that’s not gonna be you. Once your name is on my list, your life is over. It’s a deal I make with death, it’s a contract I sign in blood, it’s forgone conclusion—get used to it.

My name is James Fenici and I’m as dirty as they come. But then one day I saw her. And every monster I thought I was. Every fact I thought I knew. Every dirty promise I ever turned down came back to slap me in the face.

My name is James Fenici and I think I am in love.

Review: Surj 

I am on a serious JA Huss book binge at the moment and I just don't seem to be able to get enough of her work. The stories, the characters, those crazy twists and almost borderline forbidden/ wrong relationships are captivating, addictive and intoxicating for want of a better word and the more I read, the more I want. Having just finished every book in the "Rook & Ronin" series, I was looking to begin another series by this author and low and behold, fate played it's hand because look what was hiding on my kindle. Yup, time to meet James Fenici and Harper Tate. 

“You’re the perfect combination of hard and soft. 
Killer and lover. Sweet and deadly.”

"Come" was such a brilliant introduction to what looks to be another fantastic storyline and I was hooked right from the start. If it wasn't the mysterious James who definitely had me intrigued with his hot as hell, alpha, domineering ways, then it was the very quiet, young Harper who preferred to just blend into the background and be almost invisible. How the couple met was crazy but the attraction was instant. Now instant attraction can often be hit or miss but for me, this worked and worked really well. What I loved the most was all the unknowns surrounding their connection. What the pair shared was intense and only grew stronger with each passing day, but it appeared that both James and Harper had secrets .. big secrets that I was not expecting and as truths suddenly came to light and I started to put this crazy puzzle together, I knew there was no way in hell I was not going to read every book in this series. I had questions dammit and I needed answers!!! lol. What I do know is that I have been given a taste of what's to come and I really wanted to be a part of the rocky road that lies ahead for Harper and James.

And I can't write this review without the mention of "those" scenes because well, no one quite writes them like JA Huss so be prepared for the panty melting hot stuff peeps because they were pretty darn smokin'. 

"You're mine now Harp. You're mine now. No matter what happens, you're mine." 

Despite being a novella, "Come" was a fast paced, drama filled read that had so many unexpected's that I was blown away. Would I expect anything less from this author? Nope!! I cannot wait to read more about Harper and James in the next book in the series. Another great read from this author that I rated ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment