Thursday 19 May 2016

Review: JA Huss's "Panic (Rook & Ronin # Oh wow, 3)."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1rJfvyt
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/1TSo1Ev

Synopsis:

Rook is chasing her dream—film school and a chance at a life beyond the one she ran from six months ago. But before she can become the girl she wants to be, she must deal with the girl she left behind.

Ronin is also chasing his dream—a family of his own and a life away from erotic modeling. And he too, has a past he’s trying to forget. A past that makes Rook question everything about their life together.

Lies, secrets, and shocking truths will rock the foundation Rook and Ronin have built. Can they put the past behind them and move forward together? Or is this just another too good to be true relationship that will crash and burn in the end?

Review: Surj 

To say I'm a little late to the Rook & Ronin party is an understatement because this series has been out since 2013 but hey, better late than never right? And what can I say about this final instalment in Rook and Ronin's story other than wow. I absolutely loved it. It was everything I wanted and needed and so much more. This pair really are up there with my all time favourite book couples and their journey to getting their fairytale ending has got to be up in there in my all time favourite reads!!! Yup, if you have this series on your kindles, pick it up. I can promise you, you will not be disappointed. 

"Fate is fragile. Deviate from it just a tiny fraction and you end up somewhere else. 

Right from the start back in "Tragic," Rook and Ronin's journey had been a bumpy one fraught with hurdles and obstacles, and although there was no denying the attraction and affection this couple had for one another, each of them had a lot to overcome as individuals before they could finally commit to one another. Well, in "Panic," we saw the last of the ghosts come out from the shadows, we saw the last of those demons rear their ugly heads and we saw the last of those skeletons come out of the closet and boy did they all have one crazy as hell party. This was one hell of a drama filled, action packed thrill of a ride which finally saw each and every character get the closure and peace they needed. 

"You're looking for the girl I was and he's looking for the girl I want to be."

Rook still had a past that plagued her even though she tried desperately to keep it all buried, ignoring it as best she could. She was so used to running when it came to the slightest hint of having to deal with emotions and feelings and I knew it would take something major for her to face it all. On top of that, she was having doubts about her future goals and aspirations. I truly felt for her and the struggles she faced. This was all so new to her, to have choices and options and I think it just overwhelmed her a little. And Ronin, every the devoted boyfriend who would wait an eternity for his Rook because she was "it" for him. How could I not continue to love this man? He really was all hearts and flowers but in the best possible way! Unfortunately there was a lot of meddling by others in this book and if it wasn't the past, it was the present and even the future that stirred the pot. 

“I’ll be here waiting. I will wait forever. It that’s what it takes. 
I’ll wait for you until the end of time.”

I loved finally getting to the bottom of Ronin, Ford and Spencer's shenanigans and wow what an eye opener that was but I have to say, it was Ford that stole my heart in this book. This man, his quirks  his idiosyncrasies were almost like a beacon of light calling me. Crazy right? But I cannot wait to read his book. He really needs his own HEA that's for sure!!!

This was an amazing conclusion to Rook and Ronin's story. The writing, the plot, the settings, the characters, all of it made this series one I'll remember for years to come. And Ford... I'm coming for you next. I can't wait to see what his story churns up. 

"I'm so in love with you, Ronin Flynn. So very, very much in love with you."

I rated "Panic" ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment