Monday 16 May 2016

Review: C.D. Reiss's "HardBall."

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1rCWz4q
Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1KYMdNS

Synopsis:

Perfect ass.

Perfect arms.

Perfect swagger.

They call Dash Wallace the Diamond King.

He’s the hottest commodity in baseball and in the bedroom.
:
When he runs the bases, every woman’s eyes are glued to his stunning body and a smile that puts the night lights to shame.

I’m no queen. I’m a regular girl with a regular job. I just watch him on TV and from the bleachers, season after season.

Girls like me grab a guy like that one in a million times.

My number just came up, and he is as spectacular in bed as he is on the field.

But there’s not a woman in the world who can distract Dash Wallace from the game. Not for a moment. Not even me.

Until the night I do. And everything changes.

Review: Jo 

I have been itching to read this ever since it was first released. Having read and loved all of CD Reiss's previous work, I had high expectations and yet again I was not disappointed. I absolutely loved "HardBall." Dash and Vivian's story is easily one of my top reads of the year so far and my favourite standalone from this author. If you haven't yet read anything from CD Reiss but cannot invest the time in a series I highly recommend putting "HardBall" at the top of your TBR. 

"Before I could breathe, his lips were on mine, 
his hands were on my hips, and his tongue could taste my next sentence." 

"HardBall" follows the story of sexy baseball player, Dash Wallace and local school librarian Vivian.  I loved the premise of the story and as I began to read it, I realised that things were a little more complex than I had first anticipated, which I enjoyed. Dash, especially was a character who I was really interested in and I couldn't wait to get inside his head. I was so glad that I got to read part of the story from Dash's POV. It opened my eyes to his thought processes and his internal struggles as Dash battled with the feelings that meeting Vivian provoked. 

"She was wasn't completely broken or completely whole. 
She was guileless without being naive. Vulnerable and strong at the same time. 
A locked box with a tiny window that let me see something shiny inside." 

I loved Vivian's character. I have probably said this before about CD Reiss but when it comes to creating fantastic book heroins, she is the boss! Vivian was in no way a clichéd librarian. She was gutsy and strong. A woman that stood up for what she believed in, but she also had sensitive side too which at times left her feeling a little vulnerable. Despite this, I admired Vivian's demeanour towards Dash and I was willing for everything to work out between the pair. 

"I can't deny it any more. There's no centre without you." 

When Dash entered Vivian's life, he was like Prince Charming coming to rescue her from her from her dreary life (well not quite like that but almost. Lol!). I was so excited and I couldn't wait to watch their relationship play out. I hardly put my kindle down all weekend, grabbing every opportunity to read. I loved every single facet of their story together, from the cute romance and their shared love of Shakespeare to the way they slotted into one another's lives so perfectly and supported each other and not forgetting the sex. OMG! The sex made my tummy flip flop in every single scene. Vivian and Dash were insanely hot together and I was ridiculously jealous! Haha!! 

"Love is an ever-fixed mark."
"Be my ever-fixed mark. Be my north star?" 

"HardBall" contained everything I love from CD Reiss, spectacular sex, swoonworthy romance and writing that stole my breath away. 

Dash and Vivian's story gets a well deserved  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment