Friday 29 April 2016

Review: Sylvia Day's "One With You (Crossfire #5)."


Synopsis:

Gideon Cross. Falling in love with him was the easiest thing I've ever done. It happened instantly. Completely. Irrevocably.

Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.

We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another. Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws ... and all the beauty I couldn't see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.

But our greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free ... or break us apart.

Review-Jo 

"Gideon Cross was as deep and vast as the ocean,
and I had feared drowning in him from the moment I first saw him." 

Well, it finally arrived....The most anticipated book of the year had finally landed on my kindle and I was torn between jumping straight into it or leaving it unopened, never to be read. You see, I was heartbroken knowing that "One With You" was the last chapter in Gideon and Eva's story and I was just not ready to say goodbye. I don't think I ever would be, to be honest. I knew that once I opened that very first page, I was a page closer to the end of Gideon and Eva's journey and that made me so sad that I could have cried. Lol. To prepare myself fully for this finale I, of course decided on a re-read of the previous four books and I am always thankful that I take the time to do this. Not only do I love catching up with the characters again but it also helps me to continue onto the next book seamlessly without wondering what's going on. As usual, I adored having the reminder of why I love Gideon and Eva so much (as if I needed it! Lol) and when it came to starting OWY, I was all ready to curl up with my kindle and enjoy the delicious Gideon Cross whilst I still had the chance to do so. 

"I'm that guy for you, Eva. Every milestone, angel. 
Every rite of passage...Everything. And you're that girl for me." 

Now, with "One With You" being the conclusion to the series, I thought that I knew what I was getting with this book, however I soon discovered that I was very wrong. I got a lot more than I had bargained for. So much more happened than I had expected. I was completely surprised at the things that Sylvia was pulling out of the bag. So much new information was bought to the story, wrapping up the series in a way that I could never have predicated. I was kept on my toes throughout every single chapter. If you were thinking of missing this one out, I would highly recommend rethinking your decision! Lol. 

The thing that I have loved the most about this series was the progression of Gideon and Eva's characters. Their story has captured my heart from the very beginning and I have been rooting for them from day one. Gideon and Eva's journey hasn't been an easy one. Sylvia Day has given them more than their fair share of drama, however Gideon and Eva shared so many beautiful moments together where their love shone brighter then anything else. It was those moments that were worth fighting for. And fight they both did. Gideon and Eva both refused to give up on their relationship and it was in this last part that the change in the couple was the most noticeable. Together, Gideon and Eva had become the most powerful couple, united with their unwavering love for one another. This truly was a story where love conquered all. 

"I can't believe I'm this happy. It doesn't seem real sometimes. Like I'm dreaming, 
and I'm going to wake up and realize I'm still on the floor of the lobby, 
looking at you for the first time and imagining all this because I want you so badly." 

It was heavenly to see how blissfully happy Gideon and Eva were together. There were so many dreamy and romantic scenes in this book that I wanted to read over and over again. I was enjoying every single minute of seeing this couple in their honeymoon period, soaking up all of their love for each other. It wasn't just swoony romance, of course the sex was off the charts. As I've come to expect with Gideon Cross!! I sure do love this couple and I still find it hard to believe that their story is done and dusted, which brings me to the end of the story. Having followed this series from the very beginning, I have to say that I was quite disappointed with how it was all brought to a close. After investing four years of my life on this series, I wanted something epic, something magical. An ending that would give me goose pimples but sadly I didn't get any of those things. Instead what I got felt like a bit of a rushed ending and a let down to what had been, until that moment, a perfect conclusion. My only hope is that Sylvia is still not completely done with Ace and Angel and at some point in the future they will return with an extended epilogue that will give me a sneaky peek into my Gideva's future because that's all I am asking for. 

"I wanted my heart to beat in rhythm with hers and stop when hers did. 
Inextricably entwined, so I would never live even a moment without her."

Although I was left feeling a little disheartened by the ending, I loved everything else about "One With You" and it get ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment