Thursday 19 November 2015

Review: Helena Hunting's "Pucked Up (Pucked #2)."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1GP0UCE
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1Mmmu3M

Synopsis:

Miller “Buck” Butterson has been banging his way through life ever since a puck to the face fixed his messed up front teeth, and he was drafted into the NHL during his first year of college. After five years of deflecting goals on the ice and scoring them with puck bunnies across the Continental US and parts of Canada, Miller is ready for a girlfriend. A real girlfriend of the non-bunny variety. One he takes on dates and doesn’t jump into bed with after five seconds of conversation.

Miller thinks he’s found that woman in his teammate’s sister. Except, unlike Alex Waters, center, team captain and all round nice guy—who happens to be dating his step-sister—Miller’s manwhore reputation is well earned, and not blown out of proportion by the media. Beyond that minor detail, Miller doesn’t know the first thing about having a girlfriend. But he’s determined to make it happen.

What he doesn’t take into account is the amount of time and effort relationships require, or that constantly letting bunnies take selfies with him to post all over social media isn’t going to win him any points in the boyfriend department. Miller learns—not so quickly—that if he wants to make Sunshine “Sunny” Waters fall for him, he going to have to do a whole lot more than show her his stick skills in the bedroom. 

Review-Jo 

When I read "Pucked" and first discovered that Buck and Sunny were an item, I didn't really take their relationship seriously. The pair appeared to be so completely different that I doubted things would workout between them. How wrong was I? Buck and Sunny made an adorable couple and I loved every minute of their story. 

"Sometimes I feel like this whole thing is set up to be a failure from the start." 

Buck was very much like his step-sister, extremely funny and entertaining. He made me smile from the word go. Throughout the course of his romance with Sunny, Buck found himself in all sorts of embarrassing situations that made me chuckle. At times I really did feel sorry for him as he tried so desperately to create a good impression only to have whatever he was doing backfire in his face. He just could not seem to do anything right. I was really surprised and impressed by how much Buck was prepared to change for Sunny. He was not nearly as bad as Violet had always made him out to be. 

"For a big bad hockey player, you're kinda a softie, you know that?"
"Don't tell anyone. You'll ruin my reputation." 

Sunny was a sweet character who blossomed with Buck by her side. Yes, there were a hell of a lot of differences between them but they worked so well together. The only gripe I had with Sunny was how quickly she judged Bucks actions without listening to what he had to say. I felt that she was a little too harsh on poor Buck, but I did understand why she found it so difficult to trust him because of his previous history with the ladies. I just wanted her to trust Buck a little more and ignore the media a little less. 

"I'm trying my best. I know it's probably not good enough, 
but maybe you can tell me what I need to do so I can get better at it." 

Buck and Sunny's relationship was a big learning curve for each of them as there were a few issues they had to deal with. However when things were going well between them, they made a really cute couple. I loved how happy they made each other and their happiness transferred from the page to me. I pretty much spent the majority of the story with a smile on my face. I also loved the scenes between Buck and Violet. I loved how close they were, it was obvious how important they were to each other. Their scenes together were always so funny and light-hearted. 

This author possesses a fantastic talent of being able to write brilliant romantic comedies that I could quite happily read again and again. So far this series has been a joy to read and I am already excited for book three. If you are looking for a series that will cheer you up on the most gloomiest of days, I highly recommend adding this to your kindle. I am sure that you won't regret it. 

"There are no refunds and no exchanges with love. It comes with flaws and imperfections. 
It's raw, unfiltered, and sometimes it isn't easy. But I've found the best things in this 
life are the ones I've had to work hardest for. Especially Sunny." 

"Pucked Up" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️   from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment