Monday 23 November 2015

Review: Britney King's "Anywhere With You."


Synopsis:

They say opposites attract. For Jack and Amelie, that statement is about as close to the truth as it gets. 

She runs from anything that so much smells like love. And, well, as for Jack, he's always been a fan of the chase. Especially where she's concerned. 

Which is exactly what happens when he proposes... to accompany her on a cross-country road trip. 

A bet is made. True to form, Jack puts everything on the table—while Amelie keeps her cards tucked close to her heart. 

The question remaining when it all shakes out—is whether it's possible they can both win?

Will a road trip across the country finally teach them to meet in the middle? Or simply drive them further apart? 

This is the continuation of a love story that (like many) was never really over.

Review-Jo 

Having loved "Somewhere With You", I was excited to start this one. I couldn't wait to discover what had happened to Jack and Amelie. Now, this story didn't quite begin in the way that I had expected it to. I was almost certain that when I had left Jack and Amelie at the end of the previous book, they were finally a couple with a HEA firmly within their grasp, however this was no longer the case. The couple were apart yet again, and I was completely confused to what had happened between the pair. 

So, the story wasn't what I had envisioned and I was feeling a little disappointed with the way it began to play out. Jack and Amelie's relationship continued to be all over the place. One minute they were just friends, the next minute they were having sex and confessing their feelings for one another and then they were going their seperate ways again. To say I was frustrated was an understatement. I also felt that Jack and Amelie had lost the chemistry that they had once shared. I was not a happy bunny! Lol. 

Unfortunately I was also disheartened by the main characters. Amelie was no longer the easy going character that I had met in book one of this series. She was now depressed and unhappy most of the time and Jack was also living a life that was filled with little joy. He drove me a little crazy, to tell you the truth. It was obvious that he still loved Amelie with all of his heart but he was too fearful to go after what he truly wanted. Because Amalie and Jack both struggled with their feelings they both wasted a hell of a long time. 

To be honest I was feeling so sad after reading this book. I wanted a swoony, romantic story and I was gutted that I didn't get that. The only time I became excited by Jack and Amelie's relationship was for the final few chapters and the epilogue. I hate to say it, but I felt as though this story was just one long tease. 

"Anywhere With You" gets ❤️❤️❤️   moving to ❤️❤️❤️ from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment