Wednesday 7 October 2015

Review: Meredith Wild's "Hard Love (Hacker #5)."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/1Kt7jHe
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/1LtMiOJ

Synopsis:

Days after their nuptials, Blake and Erica Landon embark on their honeymoon—a journey that deepens their bonds and promises to fade the scars of their past.

Just when their troubles seem safely behind them, scandal surrounding would-be Governor Daniel Fitzgerald’s election threatens their newfound peace. Back home, Blake finds himself at the center of the controversy, haunted by the transgressions of his hacker past that he has no wish to relive.

With Blake’s freedom at stake and their future in peril, Erica will stop at nothing to clear his name. But when Blake defies the authorities and refuses to seek out the truth, their world gradually begins to crumble. Will he let his past win? Or can Erica convince him that their life together is worth fighting for—now more than ever... 

Review-Jo 

Blake and Erica's relationship has interested me from the very first book and I've continued to follow the series to see how their life would turn out. After the insane amount of trouble this couple had been through, I was desperate to see them find their HEA. That was what I wanted from this concluding part. 

Ours was a hard love. We'd fallen hard into it, and we'd fought hard to keep it.

"Hard Love" started out with Blake and Erica enjoying a blissful honeymoon. I enjoyed this first part of the story and hoped that the romance would continue once they had returned home. however I soon realised that there just had to be one last complication to sort out before I could truly relax. I instantly predicted who was behind the problem that Blake and Erica were faced with. There was one last enemy that was yet to be dealt with before Blake and Erica could start their future together. 

We'd made an island between the two of us. Our bodies, our love, 
and the fierce way we came together made sense when the rest of the world failed us.

Throughout this series, I have had mixed feelings about Erica but in this last instalment I finally began to like her and for once I was actually grateful for her tenacity. Without it, this series could have had a very different ending. For a short time, I had began to worry for Blake and Erica, things seemed to be going from bad to worse. Luckily for the first time in this series, it was Erica and not Blake who was prepared to save the day. At last her perseverance and stubbornness paid off! 

Erica was a fighter. I wasn't sure that I was anymore.

I enjoyed that this book was written from duel point of view. I loved reading Blake's perspective at certain points of the story and I wish that this would have happened earlier on in the series. I thought that Blake and Erica's story was wrapped up nicely with a sweet epilogue that was exactly what I needed. Finally the couple were given a happy ending that I had been waiting for. I was also excited to discover a bonus chapter written from Blake's POV of the boardroom scene, when Erica was pitching for an investor. I'm sure that everyone will be pleased with that little treat.

This was my first series from this author, but it won't be my last. I am looking forward to seeing what Meredith Wild delivers next. "Hard Love" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment